INSPIRE Scholarship 2017-18
INSPIRE stands for Innovation in Science Pursuit for Inspired Research. INSPIRE Scholarship is an innovative program sponsored and managed by the Department of Science & Technology (DST) for the attraction of talented students to science. INSPIRE Scholarship 2017 will offer around 10,000 scholarships for the students who are willing to pursue Bachelor’s or Master’s level education in the Natural & Basic Science and its related fields. There is no exam conducted for DST INSPIRE Scholarship and is distributed entirely on the basis of eligibility criteria. In this post, we will emphasize on INSPIRE Scholarship eligibility, application form, selection process, scholarship value.
Latest Update: The last date for the submission of the Inspire Scholarship Application Form 2018 is 31st December. The link for the online application is mentioned below.
INSPIRE Scholarship Application Form 2018
INSPIRE Scholarship Application Form 2018 will be filled online by the candidates who are eligible for INSPIRE Scholarship registration. The Award Scholarship Application Form will be available on the official website of Department of Science & Technology (DST). The INSPIRE Scholarship Application Form will start in the month of November. The application form for INSPIRE Scholarship contains six sections which will be available after the INSPIRE Scholarship Login process. Those six sections are:
|1. Personal Details||4. National Level Competitive Information|
|2. Enrollment Information at B.Sc./integrated M.Sc||5. Other Information|
|3. Class-XII information||6. Contact Details|
Inspire Scholarship Online Registration- Last Date
You can fill the INSPIRE Scholarship Application Form online and upload their documents on Department of Science & Technology. You can follow these steps to fill the application form for DST INSPIRE Scholarship 2018.
- First, you will have to register your E-Mail ID on the official website of Department of Science & Technology (DST).
- An activation link will be mailed to you on the E-Mail ID you used to register for INSPIRE Scholarship 2017.
- Click on the link received in order to verify your E-Mail ID.
Step-2: Filling The Application Form
- Login with your details at INSPIRE Scholarship Login page. This will initiate the application process for INSPIRE Scholarship Registration.
- The INSPIRE Scholarship application form is divided into six parts. Each part can fill and saved individually. The section tab will turn green once it has been filled completely.
Step-3: Submit The Application Form
Once all the sections have been filled, click the “Submit” button to complete the submission of the INSPIRE Scholarship 2017 application form.
NOTE: You do not need to fill the entire form in one go. You can save your progress section-wise by hitting the “Save” button.
Check Here: Top Indian Schools Entrance Exams 2018
Documents required for INSPIRE Scholarship Application Form
|Passport Size Photograph||Compulsory||50 KB|
|Community/Caste Certificate||Only if the applicant belongs to SC/ST/OBC||1 MB|
|Eligibility/Advisory Note||Optional||1 MB|
|Class-X Mark-sheet||Compulsory||1 MB|
|Class-XII Mark-sheet||Compulsory||1 MB|
|Certificate specifying rank in National Competitive Exams||Only if eligible under this criterion||1 MB|
|Endorsement Form||Compulsory||1 MB|
INSPIRE Scholarship Details
Scholarship Name: INSPIRE
Managed by: Department of Science & Technology, Delhi
Scholarship Region: National
Status: Application Form Available
Website: www.online-inspire.gov.in, www.dst.gov.in
INSPIRE Scholarship Eligibility
To avail the INSPIRE Scholarship, the below mentioned is the INSPIRE Scholarship eligibility criteria:
- The student should have passed Class-XII in the previous academic year from a school recognized by the Government.
- The student must be pursuing three years B.Sc., B.Sc. (Hons), four years B.S or five years integrated M.Sc/M.S programs in any of the UGC recognized college/university/institute in Natural & Basic Science and its related fields.
- Students who happen to be among the top 1% in Class-XII at their respective Board Examinations and are willing to pursue any of the above-mentioned undergraduate courses are eligible for INSPIRE Scholarship 2017.
- Students who happen to be among the top 10,000 in any of the National Competitive Exams like, JEE Main, JEE Advanced and AIPMT/ NEET are also eligible for INSPIRE Scholarship.
NOTE: Either condition (3) or (4) is needed to be satisfied to be eligible for the INSPIRE Scholarship registration.
Courses Eligible for INSPIRE Scholarship
|• Biology||• Anthropology||• Astronomy|
|• Chemistry||• Biochemistry||• Astrophysics|
|• Geology||• Botany||• Atmospheric Sciences|
|• Mathematics||• Geophysics||• Electronics|
|• Physics||• Microbiology||• Geochemistry|
|• Statistics||• Zoology||• Oceanic Sciences|
INSPIRE Scholarship Selection Process
- E-Mail Notification: After the declaration of result on the official website, the selected candidates will get an E-Mail on their registered E-Mail ID informing that they are selected for INSPIRE Scholarship 2018.
- Download Offer Letter: The selected students will have to log in on the DST website in order to download the offer letter.
INSPIRE Scholarship Amount
Each awardee will get Rs. 80,000 per annum for a maximum period of 5 years and will be distributed in following ways:
- Each awardee will receive the annual scholarship of Rs. 60,000 in cash.
- Each awardee is required to undertake a summer research project under an active researcher in any recognized research centre in India. A summertime attachment fee of Rs. 20,000 will be paid as mentorship every year.
Other Scholarship Programs