EWS DG 2018
EWS DG 2018: The Directorate of Education (DOE) has released the notification for EWS/ DG Admissions at the entry level classes in private unaided schools of Delhi, India for 2018 academic session. This scheme was passed to implement the Right to Education Act (RTE) and under the supervision of DOE. The EWS/ DG Admission 2018 application form was released on January 2018. Primary education will be provided to thousands of students belonging to EWS/ DG categories under this scheme. In this post, we will provide you the detailed information on EWS/ DG Admissions Eligibility Criteria, application form and merit list.
EWS DG Admission Eligibility Criteria
Under this scheme, 25% seats in 1027 schools are reserved for the students whose families belong to the Economically Weaker Section (EWS) and Disadvantaged Groups (DG) categories. The Disadvantaged Groups are Scheduled Castes (SCs), Scheduled Tribes (STs), Other Backward Classes (OBCs) and Person with Disabilities (PwDs) as per the Government of India. The EWS/ DG Admission 2018 Eligibility Criteria is given below:
- Must be an Indian citizen
- Date of Birth (DoB) must be between 1st August, 2011 and 1st August, 2013
- Must have Address Proof of Delhi only.
- Must belong to a family whose annual income is less than Rs. 1 Lakh (Rs. 1,00,000) per annum.
- Must have all valid documents for ID Proof, Caste Proof and Income Proof.
EWS/ DG Admission 2018 Application Form
The application form for EWS/ DG Admission for the academic session 2018 was released on January, 2018. The application form is available online at the official website of the authority. The application process for EWS/ DG Admissions is quite simple. Before you start filling up the application form, make sure you have the following documents around you:
- ID Proof: A valid ID Proof of student and parents will be required to apply for admissions. Valid ID Proof(s) as stated by the Government are Driving License, Aadhar Card, Voter Card, PAN Card and Address Card.
- Birth Certificate: Student must enroll in EWS/ DG Admission 2018 with a valid Birth Certificate. It will require to verify the age of the student.
- Address Proof: A valid Address Proof is mandatory for admissions in private unaided school of Delhi, India under this scheme. Aadhar Card, Address Card, Driving License, PAN Card, Ration Card and Voter Card are the accepted documents by the Government of India.
- Income Certificate: Guardian/ Parent of the student must have a valid Income Certificate as it is issued by the Government. You can apply online for an Income Certificate at edistrict.delhigovt.nic.in
- Caste Certificate: Student’s family must have a valid Caste Certificate in order to apply for this scheme.
EWS DG Nursery Admission Procedure
The EWS/ DG Admissions 2018 application process has three parts:
1. Registration: The student willing to apply through EWS/ DG Admissions will first have to register on the application portal of the authority. You can follow these simple steps for EWS/ DG Admissions 2018 Registration:
- Visit the official website of the authority at edudel.nic.in
- Click on the “EWS/ DG Admissions” tab at the top of the homepage
- Click on “Click Here to Login” button on the web page
- Click the “Register” button on the page
- Enter the asked details carefully. Please note that details once entered cannot be changed/ modified.
- Click the “Submit” button upon the completion of registration form
- Click “Yes” when it asks for confirmation of details
2. Filling Application Form: You can follow these steps in order to fill the EWS/ DG Admissions application form.
- Login with your credentials at edudel.nic.in
- Click on “Apply for EWS/ DG Admission” button on the home page
- Enter the asked details carefully
- Click “Yes” to confirm the details you have entered are correct
3. Lottery System: Students for EWS/ DG Admissions will be selected by a computer. Merit List will be based on the names enlisted by computer through a lottery system.
EWS/ DG Admissions 2018 Result/ Merit List
The merit list for EWS/ DG admissions for the academic session 2018 will be published in two parts. The EWS/ DG Admission 2018 Merit List 1 will be published on March 2018 and Merit List II will be published on March 2018. Priority will be given on the basis o the distance from school to the house of the student. The student living closer to the school will on higher priority as compared to the one living away from the school.
Other Scholarship Programs