International Physics Olympiad (IPhO) 2017- अंतर्राष्ट्रीय भौतिकी ओलंपियाड: IPhO is an international level competition in the subject of Physics for secondary school students. IPhO aims to enhance the development of international contacts in the field of school education in Physics. Through IPhO, secondary school students from different countries come together to solve some experimental problems in Physics. The 48th International Physics Olympiad will be held in Yogyakarta, Indonesia from 16th – 24th July, 2017. Students have to qualify Regional and National Olympiads in order to take part in IPhO 2017. Interested students can check information on IPhO Eligibility, application process and schedule of IPhO 2017 from the article below.
IPhO 2017 Eligibility Criteria
The eligibility criteria for International Physics Olympiad (IPhO) is different for each participating country as it is an international level competition. IPhO Eligibility Criteria for India is as follows:
- Only those students who are studying in Class IX/ X/ XI or XII under CBSE/ ICSE/ State Board or any equivalent board affiliated schools are eligible for IPhO 2017.
- Students must have cleared National Standard Examination in Physics (NSEP) and Indian National Physics Olympiad (INPO) along with INPO Training Camp.
The country authorities must re-assure the eligibility of its participants for IPhO 2017. At a later stage, if a member is not found eligible he/she will be disqualified from the competition.
IPhO 2017 Registration
To be a team member of India’s team in International Physics Olympiad (IPhO) 2017 you will have to qualify three stages, namely National Standard Examination in Physics (NSEP), Indian National Physics Olympiad (INPO) and INPO 4-month Training Camp.
Upon the selection of team members, a Team Leader (TL), Deputy Leader (DL) and Observer are elected by the authorities to be the face of the team during the competition
IPhO 2017 Important Dates
|16th July, 2017||Arrival||Arrival|
|17th July, 2017||Registration||Registration|
|Opening Ceremony||Opening Ceremony|
|Excursion||Discussion & Translation of Experimental Exam|
|18th July, 2017||Experimental Exam||Excursion|
|19th July, 2017||Excursion||Discussion & Translation of Theoretical Exam|
|Distribution of Copies of Experimental Exam|
|20th July, 2017||Theoretical Exam||Excursion|
|21st July, 2017||Excursion||Distribution of Copies of Theoretical Exam|
|22nd July, 2017||Excursion||Moderation|
|International Board Meeting for Final Vote on Marks|
|23rd July, 2017||Closing Ceremony||Closing Ceremony|
|24th July, 2017||Departure||Departure|
IPhO Winners Prizes
- The official result report is prepared by the conducting authority.
- The number of Gold Medal awarded is in the range of 8% to 12%, Silver 18% to 22% and Bronze Medals 28% to 32% of the total number of competitors. In addition to this more awards may also be given by the international jury.
- Honorable Memo will also be awarded to 10% of non-medalists performers.