JK Open School Admissions 2020 – जम्मू कश्मीर ओपन स्कूल प्रवेश: The notification for admissions in JK Open Schools has been released by J&K Board of School Education. The JK Open School Application Forms will available online at board’s official website. Students willing to take admission in any school of J&K can read this article for more information.
Jammu & Kashmir State Open School (JKSOS) is a subsidiary of J&K State Board of School Education (JKBOSE). JKSOS is going to take care of those students who were not able to get entry into the formal education system due to one reason or the other. Such candidates include school drop-outs, older persons and persons in employment. The candidates are admitted to Class 10th under this scheme.
JK Open School Admission Form 2020
The application form for admission to JK Open Schools is available online at the official website of the author. The candidates desirous of completing their secondary school examination through JKSOS can download the prospectus cum admission form from the JKBOSE website and submit their forms at any of the test centres. JKBOSE Secondary School Admission Form is available at 22 centres in the State.
An application fee of Rs. 2,530 will be charged to the students for admissions and study material which can be paid through a Demand Draft drawn in the favour of “Chairman, JKSOS” payable at Jammu/ Srinagar.
Jammu State Open School Admission Eligibility
The students applying for JKBOSE Open School Admissions must ensure their eligibility in order to avoid the loss at a later stage. The JKBOSE Eligibility is as follows.
(i) The student must have attained the age of 14 years as on 01.11.2018.
(ii) The students must have pass Class 8th from a government recognized school.
Please note that the schools/ colleges/ institutes will have their upper age limit which will be strictly followed the time of JK Open School Admissions.
JKBOSE SOS Admission Procedure
- The candidates who have filled the JKSOS 10th Class Admission Form will be scrutinized on the basis of the eligibility criteria shown above.
- The selected candidates will be allotted different school which acts as a center for JK State Open Schools. A maximum of 160 students will be admitted to each center.
- There are 22 centers across the State under JKSOS. Each selected candidate will have to attend at least 30 contact lectures conducted at the center.
- At the time of 10th Board Examination, the candidate will write the paper. The syllabus for JKSOS candidates is different from the one followed in formal education.
- The result will be declared for each candidate. Depending on the performance of the candidate he/she will pass or fail 10th Class Examination.
Jammu Kashmir Open School Result
The JKSOS Result is annually published along with the 10th Board Results. Please make sure to check back this page as soon as the result is published as we will keep the information on this page up to date.