Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalayas Rajasthan Admissions 2020: Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalayas are administered by Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalaya Samiti. There are 34 JNVs affiliated by the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) in Rajasthan.
Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalayas Admissions in Rajasthan are focused on bringing higher secondary education in the reach of economically backward people. The notification for admission in Class 6th of various JNVs in Rajasthan will be released in the month of October.
JNV Rajasthan Admissions are processed on the basis of merit in Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalaya Selection Test (JNVST). Parents seeking admission in any of the JNVs in Rajasthan for their children can read about Rajasthan Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalayas from the article below.
Rajasthan JNV Application Form
The admissions in Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalayas are granted on the basis of performance of the candidate in Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalaya Selection Test (JNVST). Rajasthan JNV Application Form is distributed through offline mode only. Usually, the application form is available from the month of October to November every year at the following places.
- Block Education Officer (BEO).
- Deputy Director of Public Instruction (DDPI).
- The headmaster of any Government/ Government Aided/ Recognized/ Accredited Institute.
- The principal of Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalaya.
Application Fee: No application fee is charged to the students for appearing in Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalaya Selection test (JNVST).
Click Here For Registration in Phase 1
JNVST Admission Dates
|JNVST Admission to Class VI|
11th January 2020 (11:30 AM)
Bottom of Form
11th April 2020 (11:30 AM)
|Last Date to Submit online Application||15th September 2019|
|Submission of Certificate for ST/ SC||On or Before 30th March 2020|
|Issue of Admit Card||1st December 2019- 1st March 2020|
March 2020 (Phase- 1)
May 2020 (Phase- 2)
Guardian/ Parents of the student are responsible for the eligibility of their children in JNVST. Student must fulfill each criterion and if found not eligible at a later stage, the student will immediately be disqualified from the admission procedure. The Rajasthan JNV Eligibility is as follows:
For All Candidates
- Only the candidates from the district concerned where the Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalaya has been opened are eligible to apply for admission. However, if the district where JNV is opened is bifurcated at a later date, the old boundaries of the district are considered for the purpose of eligibility for admission into JNVST, in case a new Vidyalaya is not started in the newly bifurcated district as yet.
- A candidate who wants to take admission must not have been born before 01-05-2007 and after 30-04-2011 (Both dates are inclusive). This will apply to candidates of all categories, including those who belong to the SC and ST.
- A candidate appearing for the selection test must be studying in Class-V for the whole of the academic session 2019-20 in a Government/Government aided or other recognized schools or ‘ B’ certificate competency course of National Institute of Open Schooling in the same district where he/she is seeking admission.
- A school will be deemed recognized if it is declared so by the Government or by any other agency authorized on behalf of Government. A candidate must successfully complete Class-V in the session 2019-20. Actual admission in ClassVI for the session 2020-21 will be subject to the mentioned condition.
- A Candidate claiming admission under rural quota must have studied and passed classes III, IV and V from a Govt. / Govt. aided/recognized school spending one full academic session each year in a school located in rural area.
- Candidates passing ‘ B’ certificate competency course of NIOS on or before 30th September 2019 are also eligible to write admission test provided they are in the prescribed age group.
- A Candidate who has not been promoted and admitted to Class-V before 15th September, 2019 is not eligible to apply.
Note: No candidate is eligible to appear in the selection test for the second time, under any circumstances.
FOR RURAL CANDIDATES
- At least 75% of the seats in a district will be filled by candidates selected from rural areas and remaining seats will be filled from the urban areas of the district.
- A candidate seeking admission under the rural quota must have studied in Classes-III, IV and V completing full academic session from the Government/ Government Aided/Government recognized school(s) located in rural areas.
- Candidates studying under the schemes of National Institute of Open Schooling should produce their rural status certificate issued by District Magistrate / Tehsildar / Block Development Officer.
FOR URBAN CANDIDATES
- A candidate who has studied in a school located in an urban area even for a single day of session in Class-III, IV and V will be considered as an urban candidate. Urban areas are those which are so defined in 2011 census or through a subsequent Government notification. All other areas will be considered as rural.
FOR TRANSGENDER CANDIDATES
- No separate reservation for transgender category candidates is provided and they will be included in Boys category for reservation purpose, under various sub-categories viz Rural, Urban, SC, ST and Divyang.
JNVST Exam Pattern
The Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalaya Selection Test (JNVST) will be conducted in the language through which the candidate has passed Class 5th. The selection test will be of 2 Hours in duration and will have three sections with only objective type questions in it. There will be a total of 100 questions in the paper carrying 1 mark each. JNVST Exam Pattern is as given below:
|Type of Test||Number of Questions||Marks||Duration|
|Mental Ability Test||40||50||60 Minutes|
|Arithmetic Test||20||25||30 Minutes|
|Language Test||20||25||30 Minutes|
The syllabus for JNVST is similar to the curriculum followed by other CBSE/ ICSE/ State Board affiliated schools. No specific JNVST syllabus has been released by the JNV Samiti yet.
|3||I to V||–|
|4||VI to VIII||–|
|5||IX and X||Rs. 200 per month for above BPL boys. No fee for girls.|
|6||XI and XII||Rs. 200 per month for above BPL boys. No fee for girls.|
JNVST Admit Card
The admit card for the test will be issued by the Block Education Officer 21 days prior to the test through post. The candidates who have not received their JNVST Rajasthan Admit Card one week prior to the selection test are advised to contact the authority.
JNVST Rajasthan Result
Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalaya Selection Test (JNVST) Result is published on the notice boards of all the Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalayas (JNVs) in Rajasthan. The selected candidates will be intimated through a phone call and registered post by the Education Officer of the concerned district 6-8 after the test has been conducted.
JNVST Rajasthan Reservation Details
There are some reservation benefits provided to students. Details are Given Below.
|For Students of Rural Area||75%|
|For Students of Urban Area||25%|
|For Girls Students||33%|
|For SC Students||15%|
|For ST Students||7.5%|
|For Ph Students||3%|
After the Result, Admission will be provided to students on the basis of there performance in the examination. After getting the seat candidates have to visit the center to complete the admission procedure. Good Luck guys for the exam.
Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalayas Rajasthan: Official Website