Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalayas Selection Test (JNVST) 2017
Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalayas (JNVs) are co-educational schools fully financed and administered by the Government of India through an autonomous organization, Navodaya Vidyalaya Samiti. The candidates can take admission in the JNVs through Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalayas Selection Test (JNVST). The students of JNVs appear for Xth and XIIth examinations of the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE). JNVs are present in 28 States and 7 Union Territories. We are giving JNVST (NVS) Exam Date 2017, so you should follow these dates when appearing in the examination.JNVs are specifically tasked with finding talented children in rural areas of India and providing them with an education equivalent to the best residential school system.
JNVST Exam Dates 2017
Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalayas Selection Test (JNVST) for admission to class-VI in JNVs for the academic year 2017-18 will be held as per the NVS Exam Dates 2017. The last date for submission of application form in Block Education Office (BEO) was 16th September, 2016.
|08th January, 2017||11:30 A.M.|
Andhra Pradesh, Arunachal Pradesh (except Dibang Valley & Tawang Districts), Assam, Bihar, Chandigarh, Chhattisgarh, Dadar & Nagar Haveli, Daman & Diu, Delhi, Goa, Gujarat, Haryana, Himachal Pradesh (except Chamba, Kinnaur, Mandi, Sirmour, Kullu, Lahual & Spiti and Shimla Districts), Jharkhand, Karnataka, Kerala, Lakshadeep, Madhya Pradesh, Maharastra, Manipur, Orissa, Pudducherry, Punjab
|08th April, 2017||11:30 A.M.|
Jammu & Kashmir (except Leh, Kargil & Doda), Meghalaya, Mizoram, Nagaland, Sikkim, Uttrakhand, Chamba, Darjeeling, Kullu, Mandi, Sirmour.
|10th June, 2017||11:30 A.M.|
Kargil & Doda, Leh, Kinnaur, Lahaul & Spiti, Shimla.
NOTE: Selection Test(s) has been held on 08th January, 2017 for summer bound areas and Selection Test(s) will conduct on 08th April, 2017 and 10th June, 2017 is for winter-bound & extreme bound areas respectively.
Jawahar Navodaya Selection Test (JNVST) 2017 Eligibility
- Only the candidates from the district concerned where the Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalaya has been opened are eligible to apply for Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalayas Selection Test (JNVST).
- A candidate who is seeking admission must not have been born before 01-05-2004 and after 30-04-2008. This will apply to candidates of all categories, including those who belong to the Scheduled Castes (SCs) and Scheduled Tribes (STs).
- A candidate who is going to appear for the JNVST must be studying in Class-Vth for the whole of the academic session 2016-17 in a Government/Government aided or other recognized schools. A candidate claiming admission under rural quota must have studied and passed classes III, IV and V from a Government/Government aided/recognized school(s) spending one full academic session each year in a school located in rural area.
- A candidate who has not been promoted and admitted to Class-V before 15th September, 2016 is not eligible to apply for Jawahar Navodaya Vidayalayas Selection Test (JNVST) 2017. A candidate will not be permitted to appear in the JNVST second time, under any circumstances.
Seat Reservation for JNVST 2017
- At least 75% of the seats in a district will be filled by candidates from rural areas and remaining seats will be reserved for urban areas of the district.
- Reservation of seats in favour of children belonging to Scheduled Castes (SCs) and Scheduled Tribes (STs) is provided in proportion to their population in the concerned district.
- One-third of the total seats will be reserved for the girls.
- There is a provision for reservation of 3% seats for disabled children (i.e. Orthopedically Handicapped, Hearing Impaired and Visually Handicapped).
JNVST 2017 Exam Pattern
The selection test duration will be two-hour and will have 3 sections with only objective type questions. There are 100 questions in all of 100 marks. Each question carries one mark:
|Type of Test||Number of Questions||Marks||Duration|
|Mental Ability Test||50||50||60 Minutes|
|Arithmetic Test||25||25||30 Minutes|
|Language Test||25||25||30 Minutes|
JNVST 2017 Application Form:
The last date to submit the application form was 16th September, 2016.
JNVST Admit Card 2017 Available
JNV Selection Test 2017 Admit card can be collected from the principal of their respective schools. The candidates who do not receive their JNVST 2017 Admit Card one week before the Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalayas Selection Test (JNVST) should immediately contact the Principal of JNV/BEO for the same.
NOTE: All candidates are required to appear for the JNVST 2017 with a copy of Admit Card. Candidates must ensure that the details on the Admit Card are legible and clear. The signature/thumbprint must be clear and legible in the Admit Card. Ensure that the signature is clear and matches the one used in the exam hall.
JNV Selection Test 2017 Result
The result of JNVST is expected to be announced by 1st week of April, 2017 for Summer Bound, the last week of May 2017 for Winter Bound and 1st week of July 2017 for Extreme Winter Bound JNVs of the year of admission. We assure you that we will update JNVST (NVS) Result 2017 in this post or on our educational website i.e schools.chekrs.com.