The Central Board of Secondary Education is known as CBSE which was developed to increase education level in India. First of all UP Board of High School and Intermediate Education was established in 1921. It covered Rajputana, Central India and Gwalior. Then Indian Government decided to set up a joint Board which was called ‘Board of High School and Intermediate Education, Rajputana’. But when new State Board and State Universities came in existence at various place in country, the Board was given its present name “Central Board of Secondary Education” in 1952.
The Board was established to improve education quality at the level of Secondary education in various institutions in India. The main function was to provide quality education to all students whose parents were employed in Central Government.
Central Board Details
[table id=4 /]
Key Objectives of CBSE
- To bring new and innovate methods to get excellent academic results.
- To set norms for implementing quality education, training programs, extra activities in institutions.
- To analyse and monitor various quality education activities in various schools or institutions.
- To define a right or useful approach towards academic activities, stress free education and quality education.
- To conduct various programs to increase professionalism among teachers.
- To conduct examinations for class Xth and XIIth students.
- To issue certifications to all the successful candidates in the examination.
- Organizing events to create a friendly environment between the students and faculty.
- To prepare syllabus, exam schedules, certifications for all enrolled students.
- To update syllabus for various standards in affiliated institutions.
The Prime Focusing Points
- Improve job-oriented and job-linked skills in students.
- Introducing innovations in teaching and learning methodologies by preparing student friendly environment.
- Corrections in examinations and evaluation practices.
- Increasing pedagogical skills of teachers and administrator by conducting training programs.
So we can say that “Central Board of Secondary Education” is an educational organization which manages education activities at National level. It regulates various events and program on school level. Meanwhile it is responsible to increase educational level in India. CBSE conducts Xth & XIIth examinations, prepare syllabus, exam dates, admit card, result etc. So students who are willing for any update can check its official website which is www.cbse.nic.in.
Todarmal Marg, Ajmer-305001
Rajasthan,Gujarat, Madhya Pradesh, Dadra and Nagar Haveli
Contact Number: 91-0145-2627460, 2629928
35 B, Civil Station, M.G. Marg , Civil Lines, Allahabad-211001
Mathura, Bareilly, Shahjahanpur, Kasganj/Kashi Ram Nagar,
Etah, Hathras/Mahamaya Nagar, Aligarh, Pilibhit
Contact Number: 0532-2400119
6th Floor, Alok Bharti Complex, Shaheed Nagar,
Bhubaneswar – 751007, Odisha
West Bengal, Orissa, Chhattisgarh
Contact Number: 0674-2548412, 2542312, 2548812
New No-3, Old No. 1630 A, “J” Block, 16th Main Road Anna Nagar West, Chennai-600040
Tamil Nadu, Andhra Pradesh, Karnataka, Maharashtra, Goa,
Puducherry, Andaman and Nicobar Islands, Daman and Diu
Contact Number: 044-26162213, 26162214, 26161100, 26162011
99, Kaulagarh Road, Dehradun – 248001, Uttarakhand
Uttrakhand and Western Uttar Pradesh i.e. Badaun, Baghpat, Bijnour, Bulandshahr, , GautamBudh Nagar(Noida), Ghaziabad, Hapur, J.P.Nagar/Amroha, Meerut, Muradabad, Muzaffarnagar, Rampur, Saharanpur, Sambhal and Shamli
Contact Number: 91-0135-2757744, 2757766
PS-1-2, Institutional Area, I.P.Extn. Patparganj, Delhi-110 092.
NCT of Delhi, Foreign Schools
Contact Number: 91-11-22248885
Shilpo gram Road (Near Sankar dev Kalakshetra), Panjabari, Guwahati-781037
Assam, Nagaland, Manipur, Meghalaya, Tripura, Sikkim,
Arunachal Pradesh, Mizoram
Contact Number: 0361-2333333, 2331995, 2338995
Sector- 5 , Panchkula – 134152 (Haryana)
Haryana,U.T.of Chandigarh, Punjab, J&K, Himachal Pradesh
Contact Number: 91-172-2585193
Ambika Complex, Behind State Bank Colony, Near Brahmsthan,
Sheikhpura,Raza Bazar, Bailey Road Patna-800 014
Contact Number: 91-612-2295088, 2295048
Block – B, 2nd floor, LIC Divisional Office Campus, Pattom,
THIRUVANANTHAPURAM – 695004, Kerala
Contact Number: 0471-2534404, 2534405