Ministry of Social Justice & Empowerment: The Ministry of Social Justice & Empowerment is the organization in the central scheme and in this organization the scholarship is provided in “Top Class Education Scheme for SC Students”
Students who full filling the eligibility criteria can apply for this scholarship. We are covering here the complete details like eligibility criteria, selection process, how to apply for the scheme.
Eligibility Criteria for Applying The Scholarship Under Central Scheme
- Those students who belong to the SC category and having total annual family income up to Rs. 6 lakh and secure admission in a full-time course in any notified institution, will be eligible for a scholarship under the scheme.
- In case the number of eligible students admitted exceeds the number of slots allotted to the institution, the scholarship will be restricted to the top students in the inter-se merit list based on the admission criteria.
- In case if there is more than one student with equal marks for the last available slot in an institution, then preference should be given to the student with the lowest family income.
- The remaining students from SC category admitted in the institution will be eligible for Post-Matric Scholarship (PMS) administered by this Ministry through state governments/ UT administrations, provided such students are otherwise eligible under the said scheme.
- In case the institution finds that the number of eligible candidates in the first year is less than the number of slots allotted to it, the balance slots may be offered to eligible students studying in 2nd, 3rd and 4th year etc.
- On the basis of inter-se merit of previous year’s result giving priority to those with the higher number of years left to complete their respective course i.e. 2nd year students are to get priority over the 3rd year students and so on.
- 30% of slot allotted to the Institution will be reserved for eligible SC girl students as per their inter-se merit. In case of the absence of a sufficient number of girls, the slots may be transferred to the eligible boy as per their inter-se merit. But for this slot, those girls will not be included who are selected on the basis of their performance in the overall merit list of SC students.
- Parents who have more than 2 siblings in a family will not be able to get the benefit of this scheme.
- The student needs to submit an affidavit in the institution to certify that he/ she is not the third sibling of the family who is availing benefit under the scheme.
- The scholarship will be terminated if the student fails to pass the final examination of each year or any terminal examination or semester prescribed. He will, however, remain eligible for the Post-Matric Scholarship.
The 30% of slot allotted to the Institution shall be reserved for eligible SC girl students as per their inter-se merit. In the absence of a sufficient number of girl students, the slot may be transferred to eligible boy students as per their inter-se merit.
While 30% of the slot mentioned above will not include those girl students who are selected on the basis of their performance in the overall merit list of SC students of the institution.
|Schemes Under Ministry of Social Justice & Empowerment||Guideline|
|Top Class Education Scheme for SC Students|| |
We provided here complete information on Ministry of Social Justice & Empowerment. If there are any queries please tell us through the comment box given below. We will reply to the answer of your queries.
Ministry of Social Justice & Empowerment: Click Here