About Punjab Board
Punjab School Education Board (PSEB) is an autonomous body that is responsible for development and promotion of school education in the State of Punjab. It conducts various examinations such as middle level, secondary, higher secondary. Board has sub-offices at various locations to easily regulate the educational activities in the State.
PSEB History: Punjab School Education Board was established in November 1969 under a legislative enactment. In 1987, the Board’s Act amended and it became an autonomous body. The main objectives of the board are providing affiliations, conducting examinations, declaring results etc. Apart from these PSEB has below functions.
Punjab Board Details
[table id=24 /]
Functions of PSEB
- To issue affiliation to all the aspiring schools in the State.
- To make necessary arrangements to conducts various examinations. At present the Board conducts examinations at Middle, Secondary and higher secondary level.
- To print text books and prepare syllabus for the various classes.
- To work as an advisory body to the State Govt. regarding School Education.
- To improve quality of education in the State.
- To prepare and distribute examination papers to the respective schools.
Punjab Board Contact / Helpline Number
Punjab School Education Board
VidyaBhawan, Phase-8, SahibjadaAjit Singh Nagar
Mohali, Pin Code- 160062, Ph No: 0172-5227423/24/25
Email Id: [email protected]