Ministry of Railway: Under Ministry of Railway, Prime Minister’s Scholarship Scheme For RPF / RPSF is provided. The Prime Minister’s Scholarship Scheme (PMSS) was announced by the Hon’ble Prime Minister of India.
It was introduced to encourage higher technical and professional education for the dependent wards of Ex/ Serving RPF/ RPSF personnel and widows. Candidates who are interested and fulfill the eligibility criteria can apply for this scholarship. We are covering here details like eligibility criteria, fee payment, applying procedure, documents required. Candidates who are interested can apply for this scholarship.
RPF/ RPSF Scholarship Availablity
A total number of 150 students have been marked to RPF for an academic session. Half of the scholarship is reserved for female candidate i.e. 75. If applicants are available less than 75 shortfalls in fresh cases will not be adjusted from girls/ boys.
Ministry of Railway ( RPF/ RPSF ) ScholarshipEligibility Criteria
Professional Degree Courses like BE, B.Tech, BDS, MBBS, B.Ed., BBS, BCA, MCA, B.Pharma etc. duly recognized by the respective Government Regulatory Bodies like All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE), Medical Council of India (MCI), University Grants Commission (UGC), National Council for Teacher Education (NCTE) etc.
List of Professional Degree/Technical Courses Permissible under PMSS
|MBBS (Bachelor of Medicine & Bachelor of Surgery)||4 Year & 6th Months|
|BDS (Bachelor of Dental Surgery)||5 Years|
|BAMS (Bachelor of Ayurvedic Medicine Surgery)||4 Year & 6th Months|
|BHMS (Bachelor of Homeopathic Medicine Surgery)||4 Year & 6th Months|
|BSMS( Bachelor of Sidha Medicine Surgery)||4 Year & 6th Months|
|BUMS(Bachelor of Unani Medicine Surgery)||5 Year|
|BSC, BPT(Bachelor of Physiotherapy)||4 Year|
|B.SC MLT(Medical Lab Technology)||4 Years|
|B V Sc& AH(Bachelor of Veterinary Science & Animal Hospitality)||5 Years|
|B.Pharma (Bachelor of Pharmacy)||4 Years|
|B SC Nursing(Bachelor of Nursing)||4 Years|
|B N Y S(Bachelor of Naturopathy & Yogic Science)||5 Years|
|Pham “D”( Doctor of Pharmacy)*||4 Years|
|B Sc Optometry(Bachelor of Science in Optometry)||3 Years|
|B. Oct. Thep. ( Bachelor of Occupational Therapy)||4 Years 6 Months|
Note: *Scholarship Applicable for 04 years only i.e. duration of B.Pharma only
|B.Tech (Bachelor of Technology)@||4 Year|
|B.E. (Bachelor of Engineering)@||4 Years|
|B. Arch (Bachelor of Architecture)||4 Year|
@ Scholarship applicable for 03 years for lateral entry course.
For Dual Degree courses in Engineering Field, Scholarship is applicable for Bachelor Part only.
|M B A(Master of Business Administration)||2 Years|
|B B A (Bachelor of Business Administration)||3 Years|
|B B M( Bachelor of Business Management)||3 Years|
|B C A ( Bachelor of Computer Application)||3 Years|
|M C A ( Master of Computer Application)||3 Years|
|B. Plan ( Bachelor of Planning)||4 Years|
OTHERS PROFESSIONAL COURSE:
|B. Sc. Agr. (Bachelor of Agriculture.)||4 Years|
|B. Fisheries/B.F.Sc ( Bachelor in Fisheries Science)||4 Years|
|B.Sc. (Horticulture)||4 Years|
|B.Sc. Bio-Tech(Bachelor of Bio-Technology)||3 Years|
|B Ed (Bachelor of Education)||2 Year|
|B.M.C (Bachelor of Mass Communication)||3 Years|
|H.M. (Degree in Hotel Management)||4 Years|
|BP Ed (Bachelor of Physical Education)||2 Year|
|B.A.S.L.P. (Bachelor of Audiology & speech Language (Pathology)||4 Years|
|B F T (Bachelor of Fashion Technology)||3 Years|
|B.Sc MICRO (Bachelor of Science in Microbiology)||3 Years|
|B.Sc HHA( Bachelor of Science Hospitality and Hotel Administration)||3 Years|
|LLB (Bachelor of Laws)||2-3 Years|
|B EL. Ed (Bachelor of Elementary Education)||3-5 Years|
|B F A ( Bachelor of Fine Art)||04 Years|
|B F D ( Bachelor of Fashion Designing )||3 Years|
|BA LLB (Bachelor in Art with Bachelor in Law)||5 Years|
- Only those students who have taken regular admission in 2018-19 are eligible for PMSS 2018-19.
- Students should secure 60% and above in Minimum Educational Qualification (MEQ) i.e. 12th std., Diploma/ Graduation. The scholarship is admissible for only two wards per family and should be ensured by the beneficiaries as well as by the concerned zonal railways/RPSF.
How To Apply for RPF/ RPSF (Ministry of Railway) Scholarship
- On the official website of NSP i.e. scholarships.gov.in students can apply online and they need to upload the document.
- A system generated registration no. sent to the candidates after successful submission of application/ documents.
- Verification of all the documents uploaded by the candidate will be done from the record of College/Institute and recommended the same to the Security Directorate, Railway Board.
- Verification all the documents related to service certificate, dependent certificate, PPO/discharge book (I to IV category), Category claimed by the applicant as per order of preference and other eligibility criteria.
- The information received from Colleges/Institutions and preparation of merit list for fresh applicants will done according to quota allotted to each zonal Railways.
- In case there is vacancy in the quota of a zonal railway, it is filled up by excess candidates of other railways by preparing combined merit list. List of applicants selected under renewal category is also prepared.
- List of selected applicants along with bank particulars will be sent on line to PFMS.
- Calculate total scholarship amount required to be sanctioned under PMSS and process for credit/ transfer of scholarship directly into the bank account of the beneficiaries through Public Financial Management System (PFMS).
- PFMS- Validate bank accounts of the selected applicants from respective bank and credit/transfer of scholarship directly into the bank account of the beneficiaries. Ministry of Railways-Process for payment of scholarship from PMO.
Amount Of Scholarship
- The amount of scholarship would be as follows:
|Rs. 2000/-||Male Students|
|Rs. 2250/-||Female Student|
- The payment of scholarship will be granted after approval of the DG/RPF as per order of merit in each year.
- A copy of PPO/Discharge certificate/book for Categories I, II and III.
- Applicants are required to upload duly attested scanned copy of the mark-sheet/Grade card of MEQ i.e. 10+2/ Diploma/Graduation (as the case may be).
A merit list will be prepared for the fresh candidate according to quota allotted to each zonal Railways. In case if there is vacancy in the quota of a zonal railway, it is filled up by excess candidates of other railways by preparing combined merit list.
|Name of The Scholarship||Guideline Download Link|
|Prime Minister’s Scholarship Scheme For RPF/RPSF|
We provided here complete information regarding the RPF/ RPSF, Ministry of Railway. If there is any queries please tell us through the comment box given below. We will reply the answer of your queries as soon as possible.
RPF/ RPSF, Ministry of Railway: Official Site