About Assam Board: Assam school education is regulated by two different boards namely Secondary Education Board of Assam (SEBA) and Assam Higher Secondary Education Council (AHSEC).
SEBA is responsible for secondary level education in Assam and AHSEC supervises higher secondary education in the State. The main functions of board are conducting examinations, preparing syllabus and courses, releasing admit card, declaring results etc. We are giving history, goals, key features etc. in this article.
History of SEBA
The Assam Secondary Education Act, 1961 was passed to establish a Board of Secondary Education. This act came into action from 29th January, 1962 by the government of Assam. Thus the Board of Secondary Education, Assam (SEBA) came into existence on 14th March 1962. SEBA is responsible to regulate and supervises secondary education in the State of Assam.
History of AHSEC
The Assam Higher Secondary Education Council was established on 1st June 1984. It is a government body which is responsible for higher secondary education in the State of Assam. The main functions are increasing educational standards, regulating educational activities, conducting examinations at higher secondary (+2) level.
Assam Board Functions (SEBA + AHSEC)
- To provide quality education all enrolled students.
- To conduct examinations on their levels.
- To prepare syllabus, courses for secondary and higher secondary level.
- To declare the results of examinations.
- To issue certificate to students who passed the examinations.
- To make rules and regulations for various affiliated schools.
- To organize various events for students and teachers.
- To recruit teachers at the various post.
Assam Board Contact Details
Bhuban Bhuyan Path, Railway Colony,
Bamunimaidam, Guwahati, Assam 781021
Assam Higher Secondary Education Council
Tel: 0361-2551565, FAX 0361-2550844
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com