Central Sector Scholarship 2018
Central Sector Scholarship 2018-19: We will provide here the complete details about Central Sector Scholarship (CSS) 2018-19, so candidates who want to apply for this scheme can check Central Sector Scholarship 2018 Application Form. We are giving eligibility, dates, exam details etc. so go through the complete post.
Central Sector Scholarship 2018-19
Central Sector Scheme of Scholarship for college and university students is managed and funded by the Ministry of Human Resource Development (MHRD) of India since it has been launched. CSS Scholarship was implemented in the Eleventh five year plan of India (2007-2012). Central Sector Scholarship scheme aims to provide financial help to the students from low-income families who cannot afford to go for higher education. CSS Scholarship 2018 will be awarded on the basis of marks scored in Senior Secondary Examination. No other exam is conducted by MHRD for this scholarship. In this post, we will be providing detailed information on Central Sector Scholarship application form, eligibility, reservation and reward amount.
Central Sector Scholarship 2018 Online Application
The eligible students can apply for CSS Scholarship 2018 through the National Scholarship Portal. You can follow these steps to get Central Sector Scholarship application form.
- Visit the “National Scholarship Portal” at scholarships.gov.in
- Click “New User? Register” button on the home page.
- Select scholarship name to “Central Sector Scheme of Scholarship for College & University Students”.
- Enter the details asked carefully on the Central Sector Scholarship registration page.
- Click the “Submit” button.
Your CSS Scholarship application form will be available for you to download after you submit scanned copies of the following documents:
- Undergraduate course joining report.
- Parent’s Income Affidavit.
- A copy of mark-sheet of Senior Secondary Examination (Class-XII).
Central Sector Scholarship (CSS) Eligibility
The Central Sector Scholarship eligibility criteria is as follows:
- The student must have the citizenship of India.
- The student should be above 80th percentile of successful candidates (Top 20%) in the relevant stream for a particular Board of Examination (CBSE & ICSE).
- The student should be enrolled for post/under graduation in an UGC approved college/university/institute to be eligible for CSS Scholarship.
- The annual income of the student’s family should not be more than Rs. 6 Lakh (Rs. 6,00,000).
- The student should not be availing scholarship from any other scheme.
NOTE: The student should not be from to the “Creamy Layer” of the society. The persons from Creamy Layer are the one who belongs to Other Backward Classes (OBCs) but comparatively have better incomes than most of the other Minorities.
Check Here: Top Indian Schools Entrance Exams 2018
|Scheduled Castes (SCs)||15%|
|Scheduled Tribes (STs)||7.5%|
|Other Backward Classes (OBCs)||27%|
|Person with Disabilities (PwDs)||3%|
Central Sector Scholarship Reward Amount
The Central Sector Scholarship will be distributed among the pass outs of Science, Commerce and Humanities in the ratio 3:2:1. Look at the table below for more information:
|Course||Amount||Duration||Amount (Per Year)|
|Graduation||Rs. 1000 per month||3 Years||Rs. 10,000|
|Post-Graduation||Rs. 2000 per month||2 Years||Rs. 20,000|
- In a case of professional courses, the awardee will get Rs. 1,000 per month for the first three years and Rs. 2,000 per month for a fourth and fifth year.
- Central Sector Scholarship will be paid for 10 months in an academic year.
Other Scholarship Programs