Q.1 Tick the correct answer:
1. Dussehra is the festival of:
(a). Victory of good (b). Victory of immoral (c). Victory of evil (d). Victory of rakshsas
2. Laziness is _________ for us:
(a). good (b). bad (c). useful (d). helpful
3. Which festival is also called Vijayadashmi:
(a). Diwali (b). Holi (c). Dussehra (d). Rakhi
4. Who is not willing to work?
(a). Peacock (b). Dog (c). Parrot (d). Rohit
5. A punctual boy:
(a). Does not miss his school
(b). Does not do work on time
(c). Does not misuse things
(d). Does not waste his time
Q.2 Write T for true and F for false statements:
- Ramleela describes the story of Ram. [ ]
- We should give up laziness. [ ]
- The moon looks like a diamond in the sky. [ ]
- Smoking is injurious to health. [ ]
- The star shines brighter than the sun. [ ]
Q.3 Fill in the blanks:
[harmful, Victory, advice, evening]
- India got ____ over Pakistan in the Kargil War.
- The sun rises in the morning and sets in the ____.
- ‘Always speak the truth’ is a good ____.
- Smoking is ____ for our health.
Q.4 Write short answered questions:
- Who chews gutkha in the class?
- Who is the boy speaking to?
- What does the genie do?
- Why do we celebrate Dussehra?
Q.5 Write long answer questions:
- What is Ramleela? Which scenes are enacted on the stage?
- Why did Rohit find no friends in the garden to play with?
- What happens when someone’s rubs a magic lamp?
- What happens when the sun comes back in the sky?
Q.6 Fill in the missing letters to complete the words given below:
Q.7 Fill in the blanks with suitable article a/an/the:
- ______ egg ________ school
- ______ earth ________ Rajasthan Patrika
Q.8 Fill in the blanks with correct preposition:
- I throw the garbage ______ the dustbin. (in/on/at)
- Dussehra is a symbol of victory of good _________ evil. (over/in/under)
- Rohit sits on a bench _______ a big banyan tree. (with/under/at)
- I came here _______ a car. (in/on/at)
- Teacher say ‘sit __________.’ (down/on/in)
Q.9 Make new words by adding prefix:
- ____+ bin 2. ____+ happy 3. ___+ land
Q.10 Paragraphs completion: