About Goa Board
The Board of Secondary and Higher Secondary Education, Goa (GBSHSE) is a main education board in the State of Goa. It is responsible for secondary and higher secondary education in Goa. The board is responsible for granting affiliation, conducting examinations, releasing results etc. There are many private and government schools which are affiliated by GBSHSE. Board is an educational body of Goa government.
Establishment: The Goa Board of Secondary and Higher Secondary Education came into existence on 27th May 1975 under ‘The Goa, Daman and Diu Secondary and Higher Secondary Education Board Act, 1975’.
Goa Board Details
[table id=15 /]
Goa Board Functions/ Duties
- Issue and cancel affiliation of secondary and higher secondary schools.
- Prepare rules and regulations for all affiliated schools and enrolled students.
- Suggest the government in standard requirement in respect of infrastructure, staff, stationary, education etc.
- Decide courses and syllabus for all standards of secondary and higher secondary education.
- Conduct examinations for various classes.
- Declare the results of the secondary and higher secondary examinations.
Aim: The main goals of the board are granting affiliation, providing quality education, conducting examinations etc. Other than this pay attention towards the improvement of the secondary and higher secondary education and supervises education activities in the State.
Goa Board Helpline/ Contact Details
Goa Board of Secondary and Higher Secondary Education
Alto Betim, Goa 403521
Tel No: +91-832-2417593
Secretary: Shri. Shivakumar D. Jangam
Tel No: +91-832-2413085