The Jammu and Kashmir State Board of School Education (JKBOSE) is the main state board of school education in Jammu and Kashmir. JK Board is the governmental body which regulates and supervises educational activities in the State of Jammu and Kashmir. It gives affiliation to the aspiring schools for increasing the educational level in the State. The main functions of the board are conducting examinations, releasing results, preparing syllabus etc.
Establishment: The Jammu and Kashmir State Board of School Education came into existence on 28th August 1975 under the Jammu and Kashmir State Board of School Education Act, 1975. Board has head-quarter at Srinagar, Jammu and Kashmir.
[table id=18 /]
JKBOSE Goals/ Purposes
- Conduct examinations for secondary and higher secondary classes.
- Provide affiliations to all aspiring schools.
- Offer syllabus and courses as per industry need.
- Publish results and notifications for the examinations.
- Issue certificates to the qualified students.
- Offer education through State Open School under open distance learning (ODL) mode.
- Set rules and regulations for the students and schools.
JK Board Contact/ Helpline Number
New Campus, Bemina, 190010
Phone: 0194-2494264, 2494948
JKBOSE, Rehari Colony Jammu, 180005
Phone: 0191-2583601, 2582704