Haryana Board has introduced the semester system of education from session 2006-2007. It is the first education board in India to do so. It is also the first board to advent relative grading system, CCE (Continuous and Comprehensive Evaluation) in board classes.
Haryana Board Details
Establishment of Board
The Board of School Education Haryana, Bhiwani came into existence in 1969 under act no. 11 of 1969 with head-quarter at Chandigarh. Later board head quarter shifted at Bhiwani in January 1981. At present, there are more than 650 officials /officers in Board. It conducts secondary and higher secondary examinations for 10 lakh students every year.
Haryana Board Main Functions
- Provide better quality education to all the students.
- Increase education standard in the State.
- Grant affiliation to schools.
- Prepare courses and syllabus for high school and senior secondary standard.
- Conduct examinations for various standards.
- Generating admit card and releasing result for the examinations.
- Recruit eligible teachers for schools.
Vission: To effectively contribute in Quality, Relevance and Access of school education
HBSE Helpline/ Contact Number
Board of School Education, Haryana
Bhiwani-Hansi Road, Bhiwani, Haryana 127021
Dr. Jagbir Singh (Chairman)
Tel. No. – 01664-243525