The Board of High School and Intermediate Education, Uttar Pradesh or Uttar Pradesh Madhyamik Shiksha Parishad (UPMSP) is an organization which is responsible for high school and intermediate education in the State. It works under the government of Uttar Pradesh. Uttar Pradesh Madhyamik Shiksha Parishad is the biggest examining body in the world. The board conducted its first examination in 1923.
History: The Board of High School and Intermediate Education was established in 1921 at Allahabad, Uttar Pradesh. It was the first board in India which adopted 10+2 system of examination at first. Prior to 1923, Allahabad University was the examining body of high school and intermediate examinations.
UP Board Details
Number of Schools
In Uttar Pradesh a few secondary schools are affiliated by the Indian Council of School Education (ICSE) and Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE), most of the schools are affiliated by UP Board. At present, there are 22,000 secondary schools that are affiliated by UP Board of High School and Intermediate Education.
UPMSP (UP Board) Main Functions
- To issue affiliation to aspiring schools in the State.
- To prepare courses and text books for high schools and intermediate classes.
- Conduct High School and Intermediate Examinations.
- Provide quality education to all the students who are enrolled in the various schools.
- Set rules and regulations for all the affiliated schools.
- Preparing syllabus, conducting examinations, releasing admit card, declaring the result etc.
UP Board Helpline Number
Secretary, Madhyamik Shiksha Parishad
Allahabad, Uttar Pradesh
Contact Number: 0532-2622222, 0532-2622767