JEE Advanced Counselling & Seat Allotment 2017 (जेईई एडवांस्ड काउंसिलिंग एंड सीट अलॉटमेंट): The students who appeared in JEE Advanced 2017 exam can now register for JEE Advanced Counselling on the official website of the authority. This joint seat allocation is managed and regulated by the Joint Seat Allocation Authority (JoSAA). This year, the authority has planned to conduct seven rounds of JoSAA Seat Allotment rounds out of which the first list will be published on 28 June 2017 as per the schedule. Currently, the JEE Advanced Counselling Registration is going on the official website. Interested students can read more about JoSAA Counselling 2017 in the article below.
JEE Advanced 2017 Counselling Eligibility
- The student must have secured an acceptable rank in JEE Advanced 2017 in order to be able to participate in JoSAA Counselling.
- The student must have scored at least 75% marks (65% marks for backwards castes) in class 12th or equivalent exam.
- The student must have his/ her name in the list of Top 20% students of class 12th exam of a government recognized board for the admissions in IITs.
JEE Advanced 2017 Counselling Procedure
The JoSAA Counselling 2017 will follow the below explained procedure thoroughly:
A. JoSAA Registration 2017: This is the first phase of the JEE Counselling, the student must register for joint seat allocation at the counselling portal of the authority. If you have not registered yet, you can follow these simple steps for JEE Counselling Registration:
- Visit this website, the portal for JEE Advanced Counselling.
- Login with your JEE Advanced Roll Number and Password to access the portal.
- Click on “Register” button at homepage.
- Also upload a soft-copy of caste certificate, if applicable else you will fall under GEN category throughout the counselling process.
B. Filling-in & Locking of Choices: The students are required to prepare a list of institutions/ colleges in which they want admission. The list must be prepared and locked in decreasing order of their preference. They must lock their list when it is ready else the last saved list will be treated as the final list for the student.
C. JoSAA Seat Allotment & Acceptance Fee Payment: A seat to the student will be allotted on the basis oh his/ her marks in class 12th board exam, JEE Advanced 2017 Rank and the preferred list prepared in the previous step. If a seat is allotted to the student, he/ she must visit the nearest JoSAA Reporting Centre with certain acceptance fee which will be conveyed to the student when the time comes. Failure to do so will result in losing of the allotted seat.
D. Reporting At The College: The student must report to the assigned college/ institute before the deadline date with original documents (mentioned below) to complete the process.
Documents Required for JEE Advanced Counselling 2017
- JEE Advanced 2017 Seat Allotment letter from JoSAA portal
- JEE Advanced 2017 Original Admit card
- JEE Advanced Application Form (duly filled)
- Duly filled Medical Examination Report
- Proof of Date of Birth: Class X/HSC/Birth Certificate/Any other certificate as proof of date of birth
- Class XII/SSC/Equivalent exam Mark sheet and Certificate of passing
- Category Certificate (OBC (NCL)/SC/ST/PwD/DS) issued by the competent authority
- For foreign nationals: Attested photocopy of the page in the passport containing name, photo and nationality
JoSAA Seat Matrix 2017
For the academic session 2017-18, 97 institutes are enlisted for admissions via joint seat allocation (23 IITs, 31 NITs, 23 IIITs & 20 Other Government Funded Technical Institutes (GFTIs)). To get the detail JoSAA Seat Allocation statistics please refer to the link below:
JoSAA Counselling 2017 Seat Availability: Click Here To Download
JEE Advanced 2017 Counselling Schedule
The JoSAA Counselling Process started on 15 June 2017 and will end on 19 July 2017. Currently, the registrations and choice filling step is going on which is the first step of the counselling procedure.
|JEE Main Counselling Schedule 2017|
|Registration & Choice Filling Process||15 June – 26 June 2017|
|Mock Allotment Round I||20 June 2017|
|Mock Allotment Round II||23 June 2017|
|First Round of Seat allotment||28 June 2017|
|Seat Acceptance and Reporting to Help-Centre||29 June – 03 July 2017|
|Second Round of Seat allotment||04 July 2017|
|Seat Acceptance and Reporting to Help-Centre||05 July & 06 July 2017|
|Third Round of Seat allotment||07 July 2017|
|Seat Acceptance and Reporting to Help-Centre||08 July & 09 July 2017|
|Fourth Round of Seat allotment||10 July 2017|
|Seat Acceptance and Reporting to Help-Centre||11 July & 12 July 2017|
|Fifth Round of Seat allotment||13 July 2017|
|Withdrawal/ Seat Acceptance and Reporting to Help-Centre||14 July 2017|
|Sixth Round of Seat allotment||15 July 2017|
|Seat Acceptance and Reporting to Help-Centre||16 July & 17 July 2017|
|Seventh Round of Seat Allotment||18 July 2017|
|Seat Acceptance and Reporting to Help-Centre||19 July 2017|