Jharkhand Academic Council (JAC) is a board or an organization which regulates and supervises various examinations on school level in the State of Jharkhand. Firstly, Jharkhand Academic Council was established for conducting intermediate examinations. But now council are conducting examinations of Intermediate, Secondary, Madhyama and Madrasa. It is also responsible for providing affiliations to Intermediate Education Institutions, High Schools, Sanskrit Schools and Madrasa in the State.
Historical Overview: The State of Jharkhand was formed on 15th November 2000. The Jharkhand Academic Council (JAC) was established by HRD Department Government of Jharkhand Vide Notification No. 6/V0-101/012491 on 2nd September, 2003.
Jharkhand Board Details
Jharkhand Board (JAC) Main Functions
- Provide quality education to all the students who are enrolled in JAC affiliated schools.
- Conduct various examinations at school level.
- Offer syllabus and courses for various standards.
- Declare results for all the examinations.
- Discuss with the government about new educational ideas.
- Grant affiliation to all the schools in the State.
JAC Contact Details/ Helpline Number
Jharkhand Academic Council
Regional Office, Dumka,
Near D.C. Chowk Children Park, 814101
Jharkhand Acaddemic Council, Ranchi
Fax No: 0651-2261999