Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalaya Ernakulam Admissions 2021: It is one of many JNVs operating under Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalaya Samiti. The notification for admission in Class 6th of JNV Ernakulam has been released for the academic session 2021-22.
JNV Ernakulam Admissions are processed on the basis of merit in Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalaya Selection Test (JNVST) which will be conducted on 11th January and 11th April 2021. Parents seeking admission in JNV Ernakulam of their children can read about Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalaya Ernakulam Admission Process from the article below.
|JNVST Admission to Class VI|
11th January 2021 (11:30 AM)
11th April 2021 (11:30 AM)
|Last Date to Submit an online Application||15th September 2020|
|Submission of Certificate for ST/ SC||On or Before 30th March 2021|
|Issue of Admit Card||1st December 2020- 1st March 2021|
March 2021 (Phase- 1)
Get latest updates via SMS and Email
May 2020 (Phase- 2)
JNV Ernakulam Admission Form 2021
The admissions in Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalaya Ernakulam are granted on the basis of merit in Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalaya Selection Test (JNVST). JNV Ernakulam Application Form is distributed through offline mode only. Usually, the application form is available and the last date for submission is 15th September 2020.
- Block Education Officer (BEO).
- Deputy Director of Public Instruction (DDPI).
- Headmaster of any Government/ Government Aided/ Recognized/ Accredited Institute.
- Principal of Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalaya.
Click Here For Registration Phase- I
Application Fee: No application fee is charged to the students for appearing in Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalaya Selection test (JNVST).
Admit Card: The admit card for the selection test is issued by the Block Education Officer through post. The candidates who have not received their JNVST Admit Card one week prior to the selection test are advised to contact the authority.
Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalaya Ernakulam Admission Notification 2020 PDF : Click Here
Guardian/ Parents of the student are responsible for the eligibility of their children in JNV Ernakulam Selection Test. The student must fulfill each criterion and if found not eligible at a later stage, the student will immediately be disqualified from the admission procedure. The JNV Ernakulam Eligibility is as follows:
For All Candidates
- Only the candidates from the district concerned where the Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalaya has been opened are eligible to apply for admission. However, if the district where JNV is opened is bifurcated at a later date, the old boundaries of the district are considered for the purpose of eligibility for admission into JNVST, in case a new Vidyalaya is not started in the newly bifurcated district as yet.
- A candidate who wants to take admission must not have been born before 01-05-2008 and after 30-04-2012 (Both dates are inclusive). This will apply to candidates of all categories, including those who belong to the SC and ST.
- A candidate appearing for the selection test must be studying in Class-V for the whole of the academic session 2020-21 in a Government/Government aided or other recognized schools or ‘ B’ certificate competency course of National Institute of Open Schooling in the same district where he/she is seeking admission.
- A school will be deemed recognized if it is declared so by the Government or by any other agency authorized on behalf of Government. A candidate must successfully complete Class-V in the session 2020-21. Actual admission in ClassVI for the session 2021-22 will be subject to the mentioned condition.
- A Candidate claiming admission under rural quota must have studied and passed classes III, IV and V from a Govt. / Govt. aided / recognized school spending one full academic session each year in a school located in rural area.
- Candidates passing ‘ B’ certificate competency course of NIOS on or before 30th September 2020 are also eligible to write admission test provided they are in the prescribed age group.
- A Candidate who has not been promoted and admitted to Class-V before 15th September, 2020 is not eligible to apply.
Note: No candidate is eligible to appear in the selection test for the second time, under any circumstances.
FOR RURAL CANDIDATES
- At least 75% of the seats in a district will be filled by candidates selected from rural areas and remaining seats will be filled from the urban areas of the district.
- A candidate seeking admission under the rural quota must have studied in Classes-III, IV and V completing full academic session from the Government/ Government Aided/Government recognized school(s) located in rural areas.
- Candidates studying under the schemes of National Institute of Open Schooling should produce their rural status certificate issued by District Magistrate / Tehsildar / Block Development Officer.
FOR URBAN CANDIDATES
- A candidate who has studied in a school located in an urban area even for a single day of session in Class-III, IV and V will be considered as an urban candidate. Urban areas are those which are so defined in 2011 census or through a subsequent Government notification. All other areas will be considered as rural.
FOR TRANSGENDER CANDIDATES
- No separate reservation for transgender category candidates is provided and they will be included in Boys category for reservation purpose, under various sub-categories viz Rural, Urban, SC, ST and Divyang.
JNVST Exam Pattern 2021
The Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalaya Selection Test (JNVST) will be conducted in the language through which the candidate has passed Class 5th. The selection test will be of 2 Hours and will have three sections with only objective type questions in it. There will be a total of 100 questions in the paper carrying 1 marks each. Details JNVST Exam Pattern is given below:
|Type of Test||Number of Questions||Marks||Duration|
|Mental Ability Test||40||50||60 Minutes|
|Arithmetic Test||20||25||30 Minutes|
|Language Test||20||25||30 Minutes|
The centers of the examination are preferably the Head Quarters of a particular Block including Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalaya of Ernakulam.
JNVST Exam Syllabus: The syllabus for JNVST is similar to the curriculum followed by other CBSE/ ICSE/ State Board affiliated schools. No specific syllabus has been released by the JNV Samiti yet.
|3||I to V||–|
|4||VI to VIII||–|
|5||IX and X||Rs. 200 per month for above BPL boys. No fee for girls.|
|6||XI and XII||Rs. 200 per month for above BPL boys. No fee for girls.|
• At least 75% of the seats are filled by the candidates selected from rural areas and the rest 25% of the seats are for candidates from urban areas of the district.
• There is a provision for reservation of seats for SC/ ST candidates in proportion to the population in the district but not less than the national average.
• One-third out of the total number of seats is reserved for girls.
• There is provision for reservation of 3% seats for disabled children.
JNV Ernakulam Result 2021
The result of the Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalaya Selection Test (JNVST) is published on the notice boards of all the Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalayas (JNVs). The selected candidates will be intimated through registered post by the Principal of JNV Ernakulam.