Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalayas are administered by Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalaya Samiti. There are 6 JNVs operating in the Indian State of Meghalaya. The notification for admission 2020 in Class 6th of various JNVs will be released in the month of October 2019.
Meghalaya JNV Admissions are processed on the basis of merit in Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalaya Selection Test (JNVST) which will preferably be conducted on second Sunday of the month January 2019. Parents seeking admission in any of the JNV of Meghalaya for their children can read about Navodaya Vidyalaya Admission Meghalaya from the article below.
Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalaya Application Form
The admissions in Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalayas of the State Meghalaya are granted on the basis of merit in Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalaya Selection Test (JNVST). JNV Meghalaya Application Form is distributed through offline mode only.
|Last date for submission of Application|
|Last date for submission of Application through Phase-II||17th Dec 2018, 24:00 Hrs|
|Downloading of submitted application form||19th Dec 2018|
|Issuance of Admit Card||01st March 2019|
|Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalaya Selection Test for class VI||06th April 2019|
|Result||last week of May 2019|
Usually, the application form is available from October till mid of November every year at the following places:
- Block Education Officer (BEO).
- Deputy Director of Public Instruction (DDPI).
- Headmaster of any Government/ Government Aided/ Recognized/ Accredited Institute.
- Principal of Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalaya.
Application Fee: No application fee is charged to the students for appearing in Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalaya Selection test (JNVST).
Guardian/ Parents of the student are responsible for eligibility of their children in JNV Selection Test. Student must fulfill each criterion and if found not eligible at a later stage, the student will immediately be disqualified from the admission procedure. The JNV Meghalaya Eligibility is as follows:
- A candidate appearing in JNVST must be studying in Class 5th for the whole academic session in a government/ government aided or other recognized school of Meghalaya.
- A candidate must be 9-13 years of age as on 1st July of the admission year.
- A candidate claiming admission under rural quota must have passed class 3rd, 4th and 5th from a school operating in rural area of the State of Meghalaya.
JNVST Exam Pattern
The Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalaya Selection Test (JNVST) will be conducted in the language through which the candidate has passed Class 5th. The selection test will be of 2 Hours and will have three sections with only objective type questions in it. There will be a total of 100 questions in the paper carrying 1 mark each. Details JNVST Exam Pattern are given below:
|Type of Test||Number of Questions||Marks||Duration|
|Mental Ability Test||50||50||60 Minutes|
|Arithmetic Test||25||25||30 Minutes|
|Language Test||25||25||30 Minutes|
Exam Centres: The centres of examination are preferably the District Headquarters of the State including all the Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalayas of Meghalaya.
The syllabus for JNVST is similar to the curriculum followed by other CBSE/ ICSE/ State Board affiliated schools. No specific syllabus has been released by the JNV Samiti yet.
Meghalaya JNV Admit Card
The admit card for the selection test is issued by the Block Education Officer through post. The candidates who have not received their JNVST Admit Card one week prior to the selection test are advised to contact the authority.
JNV Admission Admit Card: Download Here
Meghalaya JNV List
There are 6 Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalayas operating in the Indian State of Meghalaya. All six JNVs are listed below:
|• Niangbari||• Baghmara|
|• Mawsynram||• Nongstoin|
|• Thadlaskein||• Mahendraganj|
Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalaya Fee Structure
|3||I to V||–|
|4||VI to VIII||–|
|5||IX and X||Rs. 200 per month for above BPL boys. No fee for girls.|
|6||XI and XII||Rs. 200 per month for above BPL boys. No fee for girls.|
JNV Seat Reservation
- At least 75% of the seats are filled by the candidates selected from rural areas and the rest 25% of the seats are for candidates from urban areas of the district.
- There is a provision for reservation of seats for SC/ ST candidates in proportion to the population in the district but not less than the national average.
- One-third out of the total number of seats are reserved for girls.
- There is provision for reservation of 3% seats for disabled children.
JNVST Meghalaya Result
The result of Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalaya Selection Test (JNVST) Meghalaya is published on the notice boards of all the Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalayas (JNVs). The selected candidates will be intimated through registered post by the Education Officer of the concerned district.