Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalaya Mizoram Admission 2020 (जवाहर नवोदय विद्यालय मिजोरम प्रवेश): The notification for admission in Class 6th of various Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalayas in Mizoram has been released. The admissions will be conducted via Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalaya Selection Test (JNVST).
JNVST Mizoram will conduct on 11th January and 11th April 2020. Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalayas are administered by Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalaya Samiti. There are 8 JNVs operating in the State of Mizoram. Some of the reputed JNVs in Mizoram are located in Mamit and Khawzawl. Students seeking admission in any of the JNVs of Mizoram can read about JNVST Application Form and Navodaya Vidyalaya Admission Mizoram in the article below.
JNVST Exam Dates
|JNVST Admission to Class VI|
11th January 2020 (11:30 AM)
11th April 2020 (11:30 AM)
|Last Date to Submit online Application||15th September 2019|
|Submission of Certificate for ST/ SC||On or Before 30th March 2020|
|Issue of Admit Card||1st December 2019- 1st March 2020|
March 2020 (Phase- 1)
May 2020 (Phase- 2)
JNVST Mizoram Application Form
The admissions in Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalayas of the State of Mizoram are rewarded via Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalaya Selection Test (JNVST). Mizoram JNV Application Form is available here. The last date for submission of online application is 15th September 2019. Usually the form is distributed at the following places:
- Block Education Officer (BEO).
- Deputy Director of Public Instruction (DDPI).
- Headmaster of any Government/ Government Aided/ Recognized/ Accredited Institute.
- Principal of Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalaya.
Application Fee: JNVST has been free of cost since it has started, so no application fee is charged to students who want to appear in the selection test.
Click Here For Registration in Phase 1
Admit Card: The admit card for the selection test is issued by the Block Education Officer through post. The candidates who have not received their JNVST Admit Card one week prior to the selection test are advised to contact the authority.
Guardian/ Parents of the student are responsible for eligibility of their children in Mizoram’s JNV Selection Test. The JNV Mizoram Eligibility Criteria is as follows:
For All Candidates
- Only the candidates from the district concerned where the Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalaya has been opened are eligible to apply for admission. However, if the district where JNV is opened is bifurcated at a later date, the old boundaries of the district are considered for the purpose of eligibility for admission into JNVST, in case a new Vidyalaya is not started in the newly bifurcated district as yet.
- A candidate who wants to take admission must not have been born before 01-05-2007 and after 30-04-2011 (Both dates are inclusive). This will apply to candidates of all categories, including those who belong to the SC and ST.
- A candidate appearing for the selection test must be studying in Class-V for the whole of the academic session 2019-20 in a Government/Government aided or other recognized schools or ‘ B’ certificate competency course of National Institute of Open Schooling in the same district where he/she is seeking admission.
- A school will be deemed recognized if it is declared so by the Government or by any other agency authorized on behalf of Government. A candidate must successfully complete Class-V in the session 2019-20. Actual admission in ClassVI for the session 2020-21 will be subject to the mentioned condition.
- A Candidate claiming admission under rural quota must have studied and passed classes III, IV and V from a Govt. / Govt. aided / recognized school spending one full academic session each year in a school located in rural area.
- Candidates passing ‘ B’ certificate competency course of NIOS on or before 30th September 2019 are also eligible to write admission test provided they are in the prescribed age group.
- A Candidate who has not been promoted and admitted to Class-V before 15th September, 2019 is not eligible to apply.
Note: No candidate is eligible to appear in the selection test for the second time, under any circumstances.
FOR RURAL CANDIDATES
- At least 75% of the seats in a district will be filled by candidates selected from rural areas and remaining seats will be filled from the urban areas of the district.
- A candidate seeking admission under the rural quota must have studied in Classes-III, IV and V completing full academic session from the Government/ Government Aided/Government recognized school(s) located in rural areas.
- Candidates studying under the schemes of National Institute of Open Schooling should produce their rural status certificate issued by District Magistrate / Tehsildar / Block Development Officer.
FOR URBAN CANDIDATES
- A candidate who has studied in a school located in an urban area even for a single day of session in Class-III, IV and V will be considered as an urban candidate. Urban areas are those which are so defined in 2011 census or through a subsequent Government notification. All other areas will be considered as rural.
FOR TRANSGENDER CANDIDATES
- No separate reservation for transgender category candidates is provided and they will be included in Boys category for reservation purpose, under various sub-categories viz Rural, Urban, SC, ST and Divyang.
JNVST Mizoram Exam Pattern
The Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalaya Selection Test (JNVST) will be conducted in the language through which the candidate has passed Class 5th. The selection test will be of 2 Hours and will have three sections with only objective type questions in it. There will be a total of 100 questions in the paper carrying 1 marks each. Details JNVST Exam Pattern is given below:
|Type of Test||Number of Questions||Marks||Duration|
|Mental Ability Test||40||50||60 Minutes|
|Arithmetic Test||20||25||30 Minutes|
|Language Test||20||25||30 Minutes|
The syllabus for JNVST is similar to the curriculum followed by other CBSE/ ICSE/ State Board affiliated schools. No specific syllabus has been released by the authority yet.
|3||I to V||–|
|4||VI to VIII||–|
|5||IX and X||Rs. 200 per month for above BPL boys. No fee for girls.|
|6||XI and XII||Rs. 200 per month for above BPL boys. No fee for girls.|
- At least 75% of the seats are filled by the candidates selected from rural areas and the rest 25% of the seats are for candidates from urban areas of the district.
- There is a provision for reservation of seats for SC/ ST candidates in proportion to the population in the district but not less than the national average.
- One-third out of the total number of seats are reserved for girls.
- There is provision for reservation of 3% seats for disabled children.
JNVST Mizoram Result
The result of Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalaya Selection Test (JNVST) is published on the notice boards of all the Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalayas (JNVs). The selected candidates will be intimated through registered post/ courier by the Education Officer of the concerned district after few weeks of JNVST Mizoram. The result is expected to be announced at March 2020 and May 2020 for Phase 1 and Phase 2.
Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalaya Bijapur Admission Notice: Click Here