Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalaya Mizoram Admission 2018 (जवाहर नवोदय विद्यालय मिजोरम प्रवेश): The notification for admission in Class 6th of various Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalayas in Mizoram will tentatively be available in the month of October 2017. The admissions will be conducted via Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalaya Selection Test (JNVST). JNVST Mizoram will tentatively be conducted on the second Sunday of January 2018. Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalayas are administered by Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalaya Samiti. There are 8 JNVs operating in the State of Mizroram. Some of the reputed JNVs in Mizoram are located in Mamit and Khawzawl. Students seeking admission in any of the JNVs of Mizoram can read about JNVST Application Form and Navodaya Vidyalaya Admission Mizoram in the article below.
JNVST Mizoram Application Form
The admissions in Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalayas of the State of Mizoram are rewarded via Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalaya Selection Test (JNVST). Mizoram JNV Application Form is usually distributed from the third week of October till the mid of November every year at the following places:
- Block Education Officer (BEO).
- Deputy Director of Public Instruction (DDPI).
- Headmaster of any Government/ Government Aided/ Recognized/ Accredited Institute.
- Principal of Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalaya.
Application Fee: JNVST has been free of cost since it has started, so no application fee is charged to students who want to appear in the selection test.
Admit Card: The admit card for the selection test is issued by the Block Education Officer through post. The candidates who have not received their JNVST Admit Card one week prior to the selection test are advised to contact the authority.
Mizoram Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalaya Eligibility
Guardian/ Parents of the student are responsible for eligibility of their children in Mizoram’s JNV Selection Test. The JNV Mizoram Eligibility Criteria is as follows:
- A candidate appearing in JNVST Mizoram must be studying in Class 5th for the whole academic year in a government/ government aided or other recognized school of Mizoram.
- A candidate must be 9-13 years of age as on 1st July of the year in which the admission is sought.
- A candidate claiming admission under rural quota must have passed class 3rd, 4th and 5th from a school operating in rural area of the State of Mizoram.
JNVST Mizoram Exam Pattern
The Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalaya Selection Test (JNVST) will be conducted in the language through which the candidate has passed Class 5th. The selection test will be of 2 Hours and will have three sections with only objective type questions in it. There will be a total of 100 questions in the paper carrying 1 marks each. Details JNVST Exam Pattern is given below:
|Type of Test||Number of Questions||Marks||Duration|
|Mental Ability Test||50||50||60 Minutes|
|Arithmetic Test||25||25||30 Minutes|
|Language Test||25||25||30 Minutes|
The syllabus for JNVST is similar to the curriculum followed by other CBSE/ ICSE/ State Board affiliated schools. No specific syllabus has been released by the authority yet.
Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalaya Fees
|3||I to V||–|
|4||VI to VIII||–|
|5||IX and X||Rs. 200 per month for above BPL boys. No fee for girls.|
|6||XI and XII||Rs. 200 per month for above BPL boys. No fee for girls.|
Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalaya Seat Reservation
- At least 75% of the seats are filled by the candidates selected from rural areas and the rest 25% of the seats are for candidates from urban areas of the district.
- There is a provision for reservation of seats for SC/ ST candidates in proportion to the population in the district but not less than the national average.
- One-third out of the total number of seats are reserved for girls.
- There is provision for reservation of 3% seats for disabled children.
JNVST Mizoram Result
The result of Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalaya Selection Test (JNVST) is published on the notice boards of all the Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalayas (JNVs). The selected candidates will be intimated through registered post/ courier by the Education Officer of the concerned district after few weeks of JNVST Mizoram.