About Maharashtra Board
The Maharashtra State Board of Secondary and Higher Secondary Education (MSBSHSE) is an autonomous body of the government of Maharashtra. It conducts secondary and higher secondary examinations at school level. A large number of students (about 1.44 million) from more than 14,000 schools appear in the examination every year. The Board has nine regional offices at Pune, Mumbai, Aurangabad, Nasik, Kolhapur, Amravati, Latur, Nagpur and Ratnagiri.
History of Board: Maharashtra State Board of Secondary Education, Pune was founded on 1st January 1966 to provide educational services in the State of Maharashtra. The act was amended in 1976 and the name of the board was changed to its present name Maharashtra State Board of Secondary and Higher Secondary Education (MSBSHSE).
Maharashtra Board Details
[table id=22 /]
Maharashtra Board Main Objectives
- Issue affiliation to the aspiring schools in Maharashtra.
- Provide high quality education to the students who are studying in various schools of Maharashtra Board.
- Conduct secondary and higher secondary examinations in the month of March/ April.
- Prepare syllabus and text books for various standards.
- Declare exam results for all examinations.
- Make rules and regulations for all the students and affiliated schools in Maharashtra.
Maharashtra Board Contact Details
Chairman, Maharashtra State Secondary & Higher Secondary
Survey No. 832-A, Final Plot No. 178 & 179, Near Balchitrawani,
Behind Agharkar Research Institute, Bhamburda, Shivajinagar,
Pune – 411 004. Maharashtra (INDIA)
Ph No: 020-25705301