UPSC NDA 2 Eligibility Criteria 2017: National Defence Academy (NDA) Exam is conducted by Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) twice in a year. Through NDA Exam 2017 best candidates will be selected for admissions in National Defence Academy (NDA) and Naval Academy (NA) every year. So we are giving here the complete information about NDA II 2017 Eligibility Criteria such as physical standards, qualifications, age limit etc. The students who are going to participate in the examination should read the full post. This year, NDA II Exam is scheduled 10 September 2017. In this post, we will inform you about the eligibility criteria for NDA II Exam.
NDA Eligibility Criteria 2017
National Defence Academy (NDA) exam is always pretty strict on their eligibility conditions. So the applicants should check the complete NDA Eligibility for session 2017-18. The readers are requested to read all below mentioned points for NDA 2017 eligibility very carefully:
A candidate must either be:
- A citizen of India, or
- A subject of Bhutan, or
- A subject of Nepal, or
- A Tibetan refugee who came over to India before the 1st January, 1962 and is permanently settled in India.
- A person of Indian origin who has migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Sri-Lanka and East-African countries and is willing to settle in India.
Please note that candidate(s) belonging to category (2), (3), (4) or (5) above shall have a certificate of eligibility issued by the Government of India to be eligible for NDA 2017 Exam.
NDA 2017 Age Limit
Only unmarried male candidates who born not earlier than 02nd July, 1998 and not later than 1st July, 2001 are eligible in NDA 2017 Exam.
- Please keep in mind that the Commission will only accept the date of birth that is recorded in the Matriculation/Higher Secondary Examination Certificate available or an equivalent certificate on the date of submission of NDA 2 Application Form.
- Please ensure that once a date of birth has been claimed and entered in the records by a candidate for the purpose of the NDA Examination, no requests for changing will be entertained whatsoever might be the reason.
- Candidates must undertake not to marry until they complete their training. On violation of this condition, candidate(s) will be suspended from the NDA exam/training immediately.
NOTE: Carefully check your date of birth after filling it in the NDA 2 Application 2017 Form. Upon the detection of variation in date of birth, strict action will be taken against the candidate by the Commission.
NDA Education Qualification Eligibility
- For Army Wing of National Defence Academy (NDA): The candidate must have passed Class-XIIth of the 10+2 pattern of school education or equivalent examination conducted by a State Education Board or a University.
- For Air Force and Naval Wings of National Defence Academy and for the 10+2 Cadet Entry Scheme at the India Naval Academy (INA): Class-XIIth pass of the 10+2 pattern of school education or equivalent with Physics and Mathematics conducted by a State Education Board or a University.
Candidates who are in Class-XIIth and are willing to appear in NDA II Exam can also apply for this examination. Such candidates who qualify SSB interview will be required to produce Class-XIIth certificate in original before 22nd December, 2017. Candidate failing to do that will be suspended from the examination/interview. No request for extending the date will be entertained unless Board/University Examination or result declaration for the same has been delayed.
- Candidates appearing in the Class-XIth exam are not eligible for National Defence Academy (II) Exam 2017.
- Candidates who have failed INSB/PABT earlier are not eligible for NDA II Exam.
- A candidate who has resigned or withdrawn on disciplinary grounds from any of the training academies of Armed Forces is not eligible to apply for NDA & NA (II).
NDA Physical Standards/ Eligibility
Candidates must be physically fit as per the standards for admission to National Defence Academy and Naval Academy Examination (I), 2017. NDA Physical Standards are mentioned below.
- The candidate must be in good physical and mental health and must be free from any disease/disability which is likely to interfere with the Military performance.
- There should be no evidence of weak constitution, bodily defects or under-weight. The candidate should not be over-weight or obese.
- The candidate must be of minimum acceptable height. The minimum acceptable height is 157 cm (162.5 cm for Air Force).
NOTE: The minimum acceptable height for Gorkhas and individuals belonging to hills of North-Eastern regions of India is 152 cm (157.5 for Air Force). Remember that if any candidate found out of NDA 2017 Physical Eligibility then he will be terminated from the recruitment process.
NDA II 2017 Details
Exam Name: National Defence Academy (NDA)
Organized By: Union Public Service Commission (UPSC)
Exam Date: NDA(II)- 10 September 2017
Status: Applications Forms
Official Website: www.upsc.gov.in
NDA 2017 Height and Weight Limit
Please find weight-height ratio required to be physically eligible in NDA 2017.
|Height (in cm)||Weight (in Kilograms)|
|16-17 Years||17-18 Years||18-19 Years|
NOTE: The candidates willing to apply for the National Defence Academy (NDA) Exam should ensure that they qualify all the required eligibility conditions for admission in NDA II Exam to avoid any problems in future.