NEET Counselling 2018 (NEET काउंसलिंग): The counselling for seats in MBBS and BDS courses across all states of the country is expected to begin in the first week of July 2018. The National Eligibility cum Entrance Test (NEET) Counselling will be administered by the Medical Counselling Committee (MCC) of the Director General of Health Services (DGHS). The counselling will be conducted in online mode for 15% All India Quota Seats for the students eligible for admission in government medical and dental colleges across India. To know more about NEET Counselling 2018 Dates, kindly read the article below.
NEET Counselling 2018
The NEET 2018 counselling is a two-phase process. The available seats are divided into 2 categories which are as follows:
A. 15% All India Quota Seats: The counselling of NEET 2018 will be conducted against the 15% of the total vacant seats under All India Quota Seats category. There are around 530 seats in 159 government medical colleges and 30 seats in 24 government dental institutions under this category. It is worth pointing out that Andhra Pradesh, Telangana and Jammu and Kashmir will not participate in central pool in India as per High Court orders.
B. State Counselling: The remaining 85% of the seats fall under NEET 2018 State Counselling. The counselling will be conducted by medical education department of the state government. As per the new order passed by Supreme Court, counselling for all private, central and deemed universities will be done with the government colleges which means a common centralized counselling will be held for all colleges in a state.
NEET 2018 Counselling Dates (Tentative)
The students can check tentative NEET 2018 Counselling Schedule. The table shown below will be updated once the actual schedule is released by the authority.
|NEET 2018 Counselling Schedule|
|Counselling Event||Date||Number of Day(s)|
|NEET 2018 Registration||Last Week of June 2018||4 Days|
|Choice Filling & Locking Round 1||July 2018||2 Days|
|Seat Allotment – Round 1||July 2018||3 Days|
|Result of Seat Allotment Round 1||July 2018||1 Day|
|Reporting at the College/ Institution||July 2018||10 Days|
|Choice Filling & Locking Round 2||July 2018||3 Days|
|Seat Allotment – Round 2||July 2018||1 Day|
|Result of Seat Allotment Round 2||July 2018||1 Day|
|Reporting at the College/ Institution||July 2018||8 Days|
|Classes will Commence From||Second Week of August||–|
NEET 2018 Counselling Procedure
This year, the NEET 2018 Counselling will follow the given procedure:
- NEET Counselling Registration 2018: In this phase, a list of eligible candidates will be forwarded by CBSE to the medical colleges and dental institutions. Then, the eligible students will have to register themselves with Medical Counselling Committee (MCC) with appropriate details in order to get an ID and Password for the rest of the NEET BDS/ MBBS Counselling.
- NEET 2018 Choice Filling: During this step, the students are required to select those medical/ dental colleges in which they wish to take admission. A student can toggle their options and sequence as many times as they want before locking them. Once locked, the selected options will appear on the screen in the sequence specified by the student.
- NEET Seat Allotment – Round 1: During this phase, the seats will be allotted to the students on the basis of their preferences, NEET 2018 Score and number of available seats. The seat allotment results will be visible at the portal provided to the student while registration.
- Reporting at the Allotted College/ Institution: If a seat is allotted to the student, he/ she must report at the allotted medical college/ dental institution at a specific date and time. The schedule of reporting will be conveyed via email and mobile number provided by the student at the time of registration.
- NEET Seat Allotment & Reporting – Round 2: After the completion of the first phase of NEET 2018 Seat Allotment, another similar round will be conducted for the remaining students.
NEET 2018 Documents Required
At the time of reporting, the student must generate the following documents in original in order to avoid any sort of problem in the process:
- NEET 2018 Admit Card.
- NEET 2018 Score Card.
- Class X mark-sheet, as a proof of Date of Birth (DoB).
- Class XII mark-sheet.
- 5-10 passport sized photograph of the student.
- Any type of certificate if valid (Caste/ Income/ Handicapped).
NEET 2018 Seat Matrix (As per last year’s stats)
|NEET 2016 Cut Off Marks (15% All India Quota Seats)|
|Category||No of candidates||Marks range|
|Unreserved||14,315||685 – 468|
|OBC||230||468 – 465|
|SC||2,815||468 – 352|
|ST||1,427||466 – 303|
|Unreserved & PH||430||466 – 214|
|OBC & PH||10||213 – 210|
|SC & PH||75||209 – 130|
|ST & PH||23||213 – 118|