NSEJS 2021: It is known as the National Standard Examination in Junior Science. NSEJS is conducted by the Indian Association of Physics Teachers (IAPT). NSEJS aims to find and nurture young students who have high aptitude in Science. This IAPT organized the exam as the entry test for International Junior Science Olympiad (IJSO).
NSEJS is only for students studying in Class X or below. NSEJS is organized every year in the month of November. The top 300 students are selected and will qualify for NSEJS Stage 2 Examination. In this article, we aim to provide you with the complete information on NSEJS Application Form, eligibility, exam pattern, syllabus, selection procedure, reward and previous year papers.
NSEJS Exam Date 2021 (Expected)
|EVENT||START DATE (Expected)||END DATE|
|REGISTRATION FOR CENTRES||01st AUGUST 2021||20th AUGUST 2021|
|ENROLLMENT OF CANDIDATES||21st AUGUST 2021||15th SEPTEMBER 2021|
|LAST DATE FOR PAYMENT OF FEE BY THE CENTRE IN-CHARGE THROUGH CENTER LOGIN||18th SEPTEMBER 2021|
|DATES OF EXAMINATIONS FOR JUNIOR SCIENCE (NSEJS)||17th NOVEMBER 2021|
|DATES OF EXAMINATIONS FOR SENIOR SCIENCE (NSEP, NSEC, NSEB, NSEA)||24th NOVEMBER 2021|
|DISPLAY OF MARKS||18th DECEMBER 2021|
|ANNOUNCEMENT OF LIST OF CANDIDATES OF MI & ABOVE MAS||22nd DECEMBER 2021|
|FINAL LIST OF SELECTED CANDIDATES FOR INO||25th DECEMBER 2021|
NSEJS 2021 Registration Process
The application process for the National Standard Examination in Junior Science (NSEJS) is fully offline. To get the NSEJS 2021 Application Form you can follow the step-by-step procedure given below:
Step-I: You will first have to locate the closest NSE Centre for the examination in your city/ district. You can find the list of all NSE Centres with their address and contact details.
To Download Hall Ticket: Click Here
Step-II: Once you get in touch with the Centre Coordinator he/she will give you the NSEJS Application Form. You can fill the application form for NSEJS 2021 and must submit it back to the Centre Coordinator before the NSEJS Registration is closed.
NSEJS Eligibility Criteria
The eligibility criteria for NSEJS is decided by IAPT itself. NSEJS 2021 Eligibility Criteria is as follows:
- Must be eligible to hold an Indian passport.
- Date of birth between 1st January 2007 and December 31st, 2008 both days inclusive.
- Must be residing and studying in India since November 30, 2019 or earlier OR must be studying in an Indian school system since November 30, 2019 or earlier OR must be studying in an Indian school system since November 30, 2019 or earlier.
- Must not have passed (or scheduled to complete) class X board examination or equivalent earlier than November 30, 2021.
- Must not be appearing for any NSEA, NSEB, NSEC or NSEP 2021.
Check the Official Brochure: Click Here
NSEJS Exam Pattern
NSEJS Exam Pattern is also decided by IAPT. The exam pattern for NSEJS 2021 is as follows:
- Time Duration: The time duration of NSE in the Junior Science examination is 2 hours.
- Number of Questions: There will be a total of 80 Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs) in Physics, Chemistry, Biology and Mathematics.
- Negative Marking: Yes, there is a negative marking in NSEJS. One mark will be deducted for each incorrect answer.
- Syllabus: The NSEJS 2021 Syllabus is broadly the same as CBSE 10th class syllabus. Hence, this exam will provide an ample opportunity for the students to broaden the knowledge in the subjects.
NSEJS Previous Year Papers
The question papers of previous years are released by IAPT every year after the exam has been conducted. If you have never appeared in this exam, NSEJS Previous Year Papers will provide you with a glimpse of the level of examination and help you decide your preparation schedule. The links for NSE in Junior Science Question Papers and answer key is given in the table below:
|Year||Question Paper||Answer Key|
|2016||Click Here||Click Here|
|2015||Click Here||Click Here|
The main aim of the National Standard Examination in Junior Science (NSEJS) is to select students for International Junior Science Olympiad (IJSO). Hence, there is no such reward provided at this stage. Top 300 marks scorers will get a chance to appear in Indian National Junior Science Olympiad (INJSO) which will be conducted in January 2022.
Also Check: NSEJS Exam Result