Firstly, Odisha Government has introduced ‘Board of Secondary Education, Odisha’ to regulate, develop and supervise education level in the State. But after few years Kerala needed a separate board for higher secondary education. Then ‘The Council of Higher Secondary Education, Odisha’ came into existence which is responsible for developing education at higher secondary level. Both the boards have similar objectives such as conduct examinations, declare results and to provide information regarding secondary and higher secondary education in the State.
State Education in Odisha Details
BSE Odisha Establishment: The Board of Secondary Education, Odisha came into existence in the year of 1953 under The Orissa Secondary Education Act 1953. It conducts OTET Odisha, Secondary, CT examinations, Madhyama examinations etc.
CHSE Odisha Establishment: Council of Higher Secondary Education, Odisha was formed in 1982 under the Odisha Higher Secondary Act 1982. The Board started working from 7th September 1982 in a rented building at Goutam Nagar, Bhubaneshwar. At present CHSE, Odisha is functioning in own building in Samantapur, Bhubaneshwar.
Odisha Board Main Functions of BSE, CHSE Boards
- To conduct secondary and higher secondary examinations in the State.
- To offer affiliations to the willing schools.
- To prepare syllabus and courses, text books, teaching materials etc.
- To distribute text books, teaching material, examination papers etc.
- To issue certificates of the examinations conducted by the boards.
- To prepare regulations for undertaking different functions of the Board.
Odisha Board Contact Details /Helpline Number
Board of Secondary Education,
Cuttack, Ph No: 0671-2415305
Council of Higher Secondary Education, Odisha
C-2, Prajnapitha, Samantapur Bhubaneswar – 751 013
Phone : 0674-230099,2301098
Fax : 0674-2300126