Regional Mathematics Olympiad (RMO) 2019 is an acronym of RMO. RMO leads to participation of Indian students in the International Mathematics Olympiad (IMO). It is organized by Homi Bhabha Centre for Science Education (HBCSE) on behalf of the National Board for Higher Mathematics (NBHM). RMO aims to spot mathematical talent among pre-university students in the country.
RMO is conducted in 25 regions all over the country every year in the month of October. In this article, we are going to provide you detailed information on RMO 2019 Eligibility, registration, syllabus, exam pattern, selection procedure, schedule, result and previous year papers.
If you want to know exam dates if India National Mathematical Olympiad (INMO) then Click Here.
RMO 2019 Registration
RMO is conducted in 25 regions all over the country. It is quite obvious that your school will be an exam centre for Regional Mathematics Olympiad (RMO) but if not so, there are three Regional Coordinators (RCs) assigned to handle such requests. The three RCs are Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE), Navodaya Vidyalaya Samiti (NVS) and Kendriya Vidyalaya Sangathana (KVS). Pre-RMO Registration 2019 can be done by following these simple steps.
How To Fill RMO 2019 Registration Form
- Open this to complete the registration process.
- Click on “Student Registration Form (In PDF)” link to download the registration form.
- Take a print of the registration form and fill all the mandatory details with care.
- Now, visit the nearest NSE Centre to you and submit the registration form.
- It must be noted that last date to fill the form is July 2019.
RMO 2019 Apply Online: Click Here
RMO Eligibility Criteria
The RMO eligibility criteria is simple to understand. The eligibility criteria to appear in Regional Mathematics Olympiad are given below:
- Candidates born on or after August 1, 2000 and studying in Class 8, 9, 10, 11 or 12 are eligible to write PRMO 2019. Further, the candidates must be Indian citizens. Provisionally, students with OCI cards are eligible to write the PRMO.
- As per the orders of Madras High Court, students with OCI status will not be eligible for selection to the Indian team in the International Mathematical Olympiad. However, such students are provisionally eligible for selection at ALL prior stages, up to and including the IMOTC provided they fulfill all other criteria. This policy is subject to revision without prior notice depending on any further orders issued by the courts, or by a competent Government authority.
Note: Students studying in class XII are not eligible for Regional Mathematics Olympiad 2019.
RMO 2019 Syllabus
The syllabus for Regional Mathematics Olympiad 2019 is pre-degree college mathematics. The RMO Syllabus is in a sense spread over class XI and XII levels, but the problems under each topic involve high level of difficulty and sophistication. The topics covered are given below:
|• Arithmetic of Integers||• Inequalities|
|• Geometry||• Elementary Combinatorics|
|• Quadratic Equations & Expressions||• Probability Theory|
|• Trigonometry||• Number Theory|
|• Co-ordinate Geometry||• Finite Series & Complex Numbers|
|• System of Linear Equations||• Elementary Graph Theory|
|• Permutations & Combinations||• Factorization of Polynomial|
NOTE: The major areas from which problems will be given are Algebra, Combinatorics, Geometry and Number Theory. For detailed syllabus Click Here
Exam Pattern: Regional Mathematics Olympiad is a three hour written test. The RMO 2019 will have only six problems. These six questions will be descriptive in nature.
|Pre-RMO Schedule 2019|
|Registration of Centers||1st- 30th June 2019|
|Registration of Candidates||1st June – 7th July 2019|
|Download Admit Card||Release Soon|
|Date of Examination||11th August 2019|
|INMO Examination||January 2020|
RMO 2019 Selection Procedure
Regional Mathematics Olympiad is the first level of examination if you want to appear in International Mathematics Olympiad. Top 30 students from each region will qualify for the second level i.e. India National Mathematics Olympiad (INMO). Certificate of Merit/Participation will be given to the Top 50 students of each region in their respective schools. In addition to the quota of 30 selected students, 5 girl students are also selected from each region.
RMO Previous Year Question Papers
To give you an estimation of RMO 2019 paper, we are here providing you various sets from last year’s Regional Mathematics Olympiad. The links for RMO previous year papers are given below in the table:
RMO 2019 Exam Result
The RMO Result is published online every year at the official website for Mathematics Olympiad Programme. Top 30 students from each region are selected with an addition of 5 girl students. The result for RMO 2019 has not been published yet. We will be updating the details here so make sure you check this page time to time. The result for Regional Mathematics Olympiad 2019 will be declared in the month of December 2019.