Education in Sikkim is regulated by The Ministry of Human Resource Development Department formerly known as Ministry of Education. The Board is responsible to develop and increase education in the State of Sikkim. It is divided into two departments i.e. (1) the Department of School Education and Literacy which is responsible for primary, secondary and higher secondary education and literacy, (2) the Department of Higher Education which is responsible for university education.
History: The Board was working as Ministry of Education until 25th September 1985. Then it was renamed as Ministry of Human Resource Development on 26th September 1985. It works under chairmanship of cabinet-ranked Minister of Human Resources Development.
Sikkim Board Details
Sikkim Board Time Table
Sikkim Board Admit Card
Sikkim Board Results
|Sikkim Board 10th Time Table||Sikkim 10th Admit Card||Sikkim Board 10th Result|
|Sikkim HSC Date Sheet||Sikkim 12th Admit Card||Sikkim Board HSC Result|
Sikkim Board Main Functions
- Provide and cancel affiliation to the schools in the State.
- Conduct primary, secondary and higher secondary examinations.
- To set rules and regulations for the affiliated schools.
- To prepare syllabus and print exam papers for various classes.
- To make required arrangements for conducting the examinations.
- To prepare exam result for appeared students.
- To organize seminar and events to create friendly environment between students and teacher.
- Provide financial loans and scholarship to the eligible students.
Sikkim HRD Department Contact Details
Human Resource Development Department
Tashiling Secretariat, Gangtok, East Sikkim
Fax: 03592-202218, Ph No: Ph No. 03592-220643