There are two state boards which regulate educational activities in Kerala. First, Kerala Secondary Education Examination Board which is responsible for Secondary School Leaving Certificate (SSLC) examinations and second Kerala Higher Secondary Examination Board which is responsible for +1 (11th Standard) and +2 stage (12th Standard) education in the State. The main objectives of these boards are conducting examinations, offering courses, declaring results etc. They are an advisory body to the state government about educational development in the State of Kerala.
History: The Board of Higher Secondary Education Kerala was established in 1990 to reorganize secondary and collegiate education in the State. The Board’s head-quarter is situated at the 4th floor of the housing board building in Santhi Nagar, Thiruvananthapuram, Kerala. It is the regulatory body of higher secondary schools in Kerala.
Kerala Board Main Functions
- Provide affiliation to the aspiring schools and institutions.
- Offer courses in humanities and commerce.
- Conduct secondary and +2 stage examinations.
- Prepare syllabus and print text books for all the standards.
- Set rules and regulations for all affiliated schools.
- Suggests the government of Kerala for development of education.
- Recruits new candidates for various teaching and non-teaching posts.
Kerala Board Contact/ Helpline Number
The Directorate of Higher Secondary Education,
Housing Board Building, Santhinagar,
Ph No: 0471-2320714
Email Id: firstname.lastname@example.org