Statistics Olympiad 2019
Statistics Olympiad 2019: The Statistics Olympiad is conducted by C.R Rao Advanced Institute of Mathematics, Statistics and Computer Science (AIMSCS), Hyderabad. It is an examination for students of High School and Junior Colleges. The Statistics Olympiad is divided into two parts, Junior Level and Senior Level. Junior Level Statistics Olympiad is for class 9th and 10th students whereas Senior Level Statistics Olympiad is for class 11th and 12th students. You can check the complete information like Statistics Olympiad application form, application fee, eligibility, and exam pattern.
Statistics Olympiad Application Form
The application form for Statistics Olympiad will be available online. You can download the Statistics Olympiad application form from the official website of the authority in a PDF file. The students who are interested and eligible for Statistics Olympiad can apply when the forms are available. Statistics Olympiad 2019 is a competition examination that is useful for all those students who want to make their career in the research field. A winner students will award with a prize also, so we are giving the complete details about Statistics Olympiad 2019. You can check here other scholarship exams 2019 also here at the end of post. Please follow these steps if you want to apply for Statistics Olympiad.
- Visit the official website of the authority at www.crraoaimcs.res.in
- Click on “Statistics Olympiad” tab on the home page.
- Find the Olympiad Contest you want to take part in and click on it.
- Click on the “Online Registration” link on the web page.
- Fill in the application form following the instructions carefully.
- Click on the “Submit” button at the bottom of the page to successfully submit the form.
NOTE: The 9th Statistics Olympiad was held on January 2019. Now Registrations are currently closed.
Statistics Olympiad Application Fee
The application fee for Statistics Olympiad is Rs. 100/-. You can either pay the application fee online or offline.
- Method-1: Online
To pay the application fee for Statistics Olympiad, you can use your Credit/Debit Card or Internet Banking to transfer Rs. 100/- to the following account.
Account Number: 4106000100034593
Bank Name: Punjab National Bank
IFSC Code: PUNB0410600
Branch Name: Hitech City Branch
- Method-2: Offline
To pay the Statistics Olympiad application fee offline, you will have to post/speed post a Demand Draft of Rs. 100/- in favour of The Director of CR Rao AIMSCS payable at Hyderabad.
NOTE: The Bank/Demand Draft details and date of payment must be written on the application form. The application form without Statistics Olympiad registration fee will not be entertained in any case.
Statistics Olympiad Eligibility
The eligibility criteria for Statistics Olympiad is as follows:
- The student must have scored more than 90% marks in class 9th/10th/11th/12th of CBSE/ICSE or equivalent studied during 2019-19.
- No special knowledge of any particular subject is required. The test questions would be of a nature requiring insight, critical approach, logical thinking, the power of application in solving problems and general mathematical maturity.
Statistics Olympiad Details
Exam Name: Statistics Olympiad
Organized By: C.R Rao Advanced Institute of Mathematics, Statistics and Computer Science (AIMSCS)
Applicable For: Students of class 9th/ 10th/ 11th/ 12th
Statistics Olympiad Syllabus
- No prior knowledge is required in any subject to attempt the Statistics Olympiad. This means no special topics are required to be studied when applying for Statistics Olympiad. The test will contain only 10 questions which will be descriptive in nature.
- Those 10 questions will only judge student’s critical approach, logical thinking, the capacity of applying the concepts, problem solving approach/speed, general mathematical maturity.
Statistics Olympiad Exam Pattern
Statistics Olympiad has a very different exam pattern when compared to the similar exams. It focuses entirely on the problem solving capabilities of the student. You can find the information on Statistics Olympiad exam pattern in the table given below:
|Number of Questions||10|
|Medium of Language||English|
|All questions are to be answered|
Please note that the students has to bring their own Pen/Pencil/Tool Box as nothing will be provided at the center. Use of Calculators /Mobiles /Electronic Gadgets is strictly prohibited.