Velammal Science Talent Search (VSTS) Exam 2017 is as talent search examination for class 1st to class 12th standard students in Maths and Science. Every year this examination is conducted annually by Velammal Education Trust of Tamil Nadu (TN) for those applicants residing in Tamil Nadu and Puducherry. To take participate in this examination you have to fill the Velammal Science Talent Search Application Form 2017 between the given dates. This examination is state level Science Talent Search exam gives the students a potent potion of science as entertaining. The aptitude quest’s lethal charm has attracted over 1,20,000 besotted participants over the years vying to snatch prizes worth INR 3.95 lakhs besides 5200 consolation prizes.
Velammal Science Talent Search Application Form
These scholarship examination registrations start every year by September and early October. You will able to apply through the concerned school principal/ HM.
There are two round of examination
- Preliminary Test
- Final Examination
The participating school is only the venue for the Preliminary round of test. The head of the instruction will be the coordinate for the Velammal’s State level science talent search exam. The final examination will be held after the Preliminary examination. Preliminary test question paper will send it to respective schools before the examination starting. Preliminary exam date of fixed and if any school violates the rules will be disqualified. The coding sheets have to be evaluated by the concerned schools with the help of the answer key provided.
Velammal Science Talent Search Exam Dates 2017
The main motive of the scholarship test is to identify applicants with the potential to study and support them with cash rewards. There is total scholarship prize offer is Rs 4 lakhs across the 6 different levels. Here we will update the examination date after the announcement of official notification is out.
- Each right answer carries one mark and given only one answer for each question.
- Only use black and blue ballpoint pen for marking the answer.
- In question paper there is a space is given for rough work.
VSTS 2017 Weightage of Marks
Following are the given weighting of marks which is providing down.
|Level – 1 (I & II)||40||35||–||–||–||75|
|Level – 2 (III & IV)||60||40||–||–||–||100|
|Level – 3 (V & VI)||60||40||–||–||–||100|
|Level – 4 (VII & VIII)||–||40||20||20||20||100|
|Level – 5 (IX & X)||–||40||20||20||20||100|
|Level – 6 (XI & XII)||–||40||–||30||30||100|
The Organiser, Velammal Matric, Higher Secondary School,
“Velammal Gardens”, T.S. Krishna Nagar, Chennai-37
Phone: 044-65161966, 26561166, Fax: 044-26561888,
Velammal Science Talent Search Exam Pattern 2017
- There is total 100 question is contains in question paper and 20 extra additional questions. Students have to finish the exam test within 90 minutes. Whole the exam question will be asked on the based on Mathematics and Science syllabus followed in schools.
- The standard I & II participants will answer only 75 questions. The event of the tie, the winner will be selected based on the number if additional question attempted and solved correctly.
Other Scholarship Programs