WARB, Ministry of Home Affairs: The Welfare and Rehabilitation Board (WARB), Ministry of Home Affairs is the central scheme which provides the scholarship for Prime Minister’s Scholarship Scheme (PMSS) For Central Armed Police Forces (CAPF) And Assam Rifles (AR).
The PMSS under the aegis of the National Defence Fund was introduced from the academic year 2006-07 to encourage higher technical & professional education for the department wards & widows of CAPF and AR Personnel.
Eligibility Criteria For WARB
- Wards/ widows of retired and serving CAPFs & AR Personnel (Personnel below Office Rank) are eligible for this scholarship.
- A grace period of one year only for cases, where there is a delay on part of candidate for submission of application for renewal of scholarship may be entertained.
- Score at least 60% marks in Minimum Entry Qualification (MEQ) e. 10+2/ Diploma/ Graduation or equivalent in case of new applicant.
- Wards/ widows of deceased CAPFs & AR personnel died in harness/ election duty, wards of personnel disable due to causes attributable to Government service and wards of Ex-CAPFs & AR personnel in receipt of Gallantry Awards.
- Pursuing first professional degree programme in the field of Engineering, Medicine, Dental, Veterinary, B.Pharma, BBA, BCA, B.Sc. (Nursing, Agriculture etc.), MBA and MCA etc as per the guidelines.
How To Apply For Scholarship
- For the academic year 2018-19 onwards, the PMSS for CAPFs & AR will be implemented through NSP Portal 2.0.
- For this, all the eligible candidates need to apply online on the website of NSP i.e. scholarships.gov.in.
- Applicants apply online on NSP and upload the requisite documents. On successful submission of application/documents, a system generated registration number sent to the applicant which can be used for future references.
- Verify all the credentials mentioned in the application form the record of College/Institute and recommended the same to the CAPFs & AR.
- Verify all the credentials & requisite documents uploaded by the applicant related with service certificate, category claimed by the applicant as per order of preference and other eligibility criteria.
- i) Consolidate the particulars received from CAPFs &AR and list of applicants selected under renewal category.
ii) List of selected applicants will be sent on line to PFMS as well as MHA.
iii) Calculate total scholarship amount required to be sanctioned under PMSS and process for credit/ transfer of scholarship directly into the bank account of the beneficiaries through PFMS.
MHA- Process for drawl of fund of scholarship amount from PMO.
PFMS- Validate bank accounts of the selected applicants from respective bank and credit/transfer of scholarship directly into the bank account of the beneficiaries.
NSP- Generation of Merit list of fresh cases, final list of renewal cases & Lot Generation phase as per the guidelines of PMSS. To provide the details of selected/ rejected cases to WARB as per the desired proforma.
Order of Preference
As per the application receicved from the eligible candidates under new category the shortlisting is done on the basis of order of preference and percentage obtained by the candidate in MEQ.
|1||Category-A||Wards/Widows of CAPFs & AR personnel killed in action|
|2||Category-B||Wards of Ex-CAPFs & AR personnel disabled in action|
|3||Category-C||Wards/Widows of deceased CAPFs & AR personnel died for causes attributable to Government service including casualties during conduct of Election.|
|4||Category-D||Wards of Ex-CAPFs & AR personnel disabled while in service with disability attributable to Government Service|
|5||Category-E||Wards of Ex-CAPFs & AR personnel in receipt of Gallantry Awards|
|6||Category-F||Wards of Ex- CAPFs & AR personnel (PBOR).|
|7||Category-G||Wards of serving CAPFs & AR personnel (PBOR) subject to availability of scholarship.|
Following documents in the respective category are mandatorily required to be submitted/uploaded by the candidate for applying under PMSS:-
|For Fresh Candidate|
In case of serving personnel the service certificate to be issued by the H.O.O.
Get latest updates via SMS and Email
Candidates are required to upload duly attested scanned copy of the MarkSheet MEQ i.e. Graduation/ Diploma/ XII or equivalent is mandatory along with following certificate which is:
|For Renewal||Service certificate to be issued by the H.O.O in case of serving personnel|
- The wards of Assistant Commandant, holding Local Rank of CAPFs & AR are eligible for granting PMS under category “F” and “G” also.
- Wards of deceased CAPF/ AR personnel will be considered for scholarship under categories “A” to “F” as per their priority, even on compassionate appointment of spouse/ NOKs in CAPFs.
- Irrespective of his/ her martial status the applicant is eligible for PMSS.
- There will no rank restriction for the categories A to E.
- This scholarship will be applicable for only two children per family and should be ensured by the beneficiaries as well as by the respective CAPF & AR.
- The Ministry of Home Affairs, Government of India can suitably modify the above mentioned guidelines/ instruction from time to time as per requirement/ necessity arising in future for successful implementation of the scheme.
- There is no fixed quota of CAPFs & AR in the scholarship.
- Final list in case of new candidate will be prepared on the basis of their respective category as per order of preference as well as percentage of marks obtained in MEQ.
- Candidature of a student will be automatically cancelled if it is found that he/ she has secured scholarship by fraud by submitting false information/ documents or suppressed any facts. Such candidate will have to refund the entire amount of scholarship alongwith interest, followed by appropriate login.
- The decision of Joint Secretary (Police- II), with regard to the admissibility of the scholarship for CAPFs/ AR will be final.
|Name of The Scholarship||Download Link|
|WARB, Ministry of Home Affairs|
We provide here complete information regarding Welfare and Rehabilitation Board (WARB) under the central scheme. If there is any queries please tell us through the comment box given below. We will reply the answer of your queries as soon as possible.
WARB, Ministry of Home Affairs: Official Site