Yoga Olympiad 2018
Yoga Olympiad 2018: The Yoga Olympiad will be organized by the National Council of Educational Research & Training (NCERT) from June 2018 at New Delhi. The Ministry of Human Resource Development (MHRD) through NCERT has taken this initiative to promote Yoga in curriculum and transaction in schools. The Yoga Olympiad will be conducted at the block, district, state/ UT and national level from the month of April in all government and government-aided schools of the country. Interested students can read more about Yoga Olympiad along with evaluation procedure, syllabus and result in the article below.
Yoga Olympiad 2018 Schedule
Yoga Olympiad has already started at block/ school level from the first week of April. The national level Yoga Olympiad will be attended by HRD Minister at New Delhi from June 2018. The students will be judged on the following Yogic Practices:
- Kriya (Cleaning Process).
- Bandha (Secondary Stage Only).
- Surya Namaskar (Optional).
Level of Organization: The different levels at which Yoga Olympiad will be organized is given below:
- Block Level: The level of Yoga Olympiad will start from the block level where all individuals/ schools can send their entries. The submissions for block level of Yoga Olympiad must be received by NCERT before April 2018. Four winning girls and four winning boys at the upper primary stage (From Class VI to VIII) and similar numbers at the secondary stage (From Class IX & X) will qualify for the next round of Yoga Olympiad 2018.
- District Level: This is the second level of Yoga Olympiad where only the Block Level winners will participate.
- State/ UT Level: This is the third level of Yoga Olympiad where only selected winners from District Level will participate.
- National Level: This is the final level of Yoga Olympiad where the best of State/ UT entries will showcase their performances. Four winning boys and four winning girls at both stages (Upper Primary & Secondary) will participate.
Submission to NCERT by
|Yoga Olympiad 2018 Schedule|
|Block Level||To Be Completed by April 2018|
|District Level||To Be Completed by May 2018|
|State/ UT Level||To Be Completed by May 2018|
|To Be Sent by||May 2018|
|National Level||From June|
The submissions must reach on or before at the following address:
Prof. Saroj Yadav, Dean (Academic), Zakir Hussain Block, NCERT, Sri Aurobindo Marg, New Delhi, 110016, Phone Number – 011-26592247, 26536040, 26592109, Email -firstname.lastname@example.org.
Yoga Olympiad Syllabus
The syllabus for Class VI to VIII (Upper Primary Stage) and Class IX & X (Secondary Stage) is developed by NCERT. The syllabus is available on www.ncert.nic.in in the Department of Social Sciences. Also, NCERT Yoga Syllabus is listed in the text book “Yoga – A Healthy Way of Living“, released by NCERT to promote yoga in the curriculum and transactions of various schools. The medium of instruction for Yoga Olympiad 2018 will be Hindi or English.
Yoga Olympiad 2018 Result
Yoga Olympiad Result will be declared on spot at New Delhi in June 2018. The finalists will be evaluated for their standing posture, sitting posture, prone posture and supine posture. Merit and Participation Certificates will be provided to the winners of Yoga Olympiad