Zonal Informatics Olympiad 2020: Zonal Informatics Olympiad (ZIO) is conducted every year in the month of November by the Indian Association for Research in Computer Science (IARCS).
ZIO is a written test examination open to all the students studying Class XII or below. The students who qualify Zonal Informatics Olympiad (ZIO) are eligible to appear in the Indian National Olympiad in Informatics (INOI) which will judge the programming skills. Students who are willing to appear in ZIO 2020, can check ZIO Eligibility, application form.
ZIO 2020 Important Dates (Tentative)
|Registration Begins||September 2020|
|Registration Ends||Nov 2020|
|Zonal Informatics Olympiad will be held on||November 2020 (During afternoon)|
|Publication of Result||Updated Soon|
ZIO Application Form 2020
The application form for Zonal Informatics Olympiad (ZIO) will be available by both online and offline means. Both the ways of applying for ZIO need different steps to be followed.
We will walk you through the application process step-by-step so that you can get your ZIO 2020 Application Form on time.
(i) Online Method
The students willing to apply online for ZIO 2020 can follow these simple steps:
- Visit the official website of the authority at www.iarcs.org.in
- Select the “Olympiads” tab from the top of the webpage
- Now look for “ZIO 2020 Notifications” under the news section
- Click on “Register for ZIO 2020” link when available
- Fill up the ZIO Application Form in detail and click the “Submit” button when done
ZIO Official Notice: Download Here
(ii) Offline Method
The students who do not have access to the internet may prefer to fill ZIO Application Form 2020 offline. They can follow the procedure given below to get their application form.
- Download the application form from the official website
- You will have to send the filled application form by post/ speed post to the following address:
Prof. Madhavan Mukund,
Subject: ICO 2020 Offline Registration,
Chennai Mathematical Institute, H1, SIPCOT IT Park,
Siruseri, Kelambakkam – 603103, Phone – (044) 6748 0900
Also, you will have to mail the filled ZIO Application Form and fee payment proof to email@example.com
Application Fee: The application fee for Zonal Informatics Olympiad 2020 is Rs. 250/-. You can submit the application fee either by Credit/ Debit Card, Net Banking, NEFT or Demand Draft. The following are the details for NEFT and Demand Draft.
ZIO is open to students of all Educational Boards in India. Any student who is willing to appear for ZIO 2020 can fill the application form. The eligibility criteria for Zonal Informatics Olympiad 2020 is as follows:
- Must be a citizen of India
- Must be studying in Class XII or below
- Beneficiary Name: IARCS
- Type of Account: Current Account
- Account Number: 32516380035
- Branch Name: State Bank of India, IIT Powai Branch
- IFSC Code: SBIN0001109
- Address: State Bank of India, IIT Powai Branch, Mumbai – 400076
Demand Draft details
The DD should be in the name of “Indian Association for Research in Computer Science” and payable in Mumbai, India.
ZIO 2020 Exam Pattern
The Zonal Informatics Olympiad 2020 exam paper carries 80 marks, broken up into 4 problems carrying 20 marks each. Additionally, each problem will have 3 test cases to be tested. Each test case will carry 4 marks i.e. 12 marks will be awarded if your code passes all the test cases. Otherwise, you will get only 5 marks for each test case you will solve.
Reward: Zonal Informatics Olympiad is the first round for International Olympiad in Informatics (IOI). There is no reward given for qualifying for INOI.