APHO 2020: The Asian Physics Olympiad (APHO) is a 4-stage procedure and is organized by the Indian Association of Physics Teachers (IAPT). Students who are interested in this Olympiad is required to appear in the first stage of NSEP (National Standard Examination in Physics) exam which is followed by the second stage INPho exam.
The aim of this competition is to bring the best 200 brilliant students from 25 countries to Australia for nine days of academic competitions and cultural. Check here complete details regarding APHO 2020.
Important Dates Regarding APHO 2020
The APHO 2020 Dates along with the program details are given below under the table.
|Last Date To Submit Application||To Be Updated Soon|
|Date Of Examination||To Be Updated Soon|
- The registration of APHO to be finished soon.
- This activity is coordinated by IAPT-APhO cell appointed by the executive committee (EC) of IAPT.
|Date 2020 (Expected)||Students||Team Leaders/ Observes|
|5 May||Arrivals & Registrations of Students and Team Leaders|
|6 May||Opening ceremony & Excursion||Opening ceremony & Paper discussion and translation|
|7 May||1st exam & excursion||Free time & excursion|
|8 May||Excursion||Paper discussion and translation|
|9 May||2nd exam & excursion (Reunion dinner)||Free time & excursion Reunion dinner|
|10 May||APhO Address & Excursion||Free time & excursion|
|11 May||Excursion||Meeting between board (Moderation & International)|
|12 May||Closing ceremony and celebration|
PDF To Check Circular Details: Click Here
Note: The registration of APHO has been finished on Feb 13, 2020 (Expected).
For all the 4 stages i.e. NSEP, INPhO, PDTs, APhO there is different APHO Eligibility Criteria. Click on the link to check the eligibility details.
Stages In Asian Physics Olympiad
There is a 4 stage process in Asian Physics Olympiad. These stages are:
- National Standard Examination in Physics (NSEP)
- Indian National Olympiads in Physics (INPhO)
- Pre- Departure Training camps (PDTs) in physics
- Participation in the Asian Physics Olympiad (APhO)
Note: For 1st, 3rd and 4th stages the Indian Association of Physics Teachers (IAPT) will be responsible while for the 2nd stage of the program will be carried out by Homi Bhabha Center for Science Education (Tata Institute of Fundamental Research).
Fee Charges For Above Stages
- A small amount of fee will be charged by IAPT for the first stage examination while for the subsequent stages there will be no fees charged. Also, no TA/ DA is admissible for NSEs.
- For Stage 2, candidates who are from outside will provide TA/ DA as per norms of the program.
- Free boarding, accommodation and traveling allowances will be provided as per norms for the students selected for orientation and selection camps of stages III and IV.
- The charges for stages II to IV including international travel of official Indian teams and related expenditure will be taken by the National Steering Committee (NSC).
Guidelines For Asian Physics Olympiad: Click Here
The fee payment details are given below under the table. The payment of fee is done by electronic bank transfer prior to arrival is preferred
|Team||Team Leaders/ Visitors||For Single Candidate (if available)|
|$ 2,000 USD||$2,000 USD per person||$1,000 USD per person|
|Team Registration||For a maximum of 8 students plus 2 team leaders. Fee-based on twin share.||$2,000|
|Visitor or Observer||For a maximum of 8 students plus 2 team leaders. Fee-based on twin share.||$2,000|
|Single room supplement||Additional fee per person who requests a single room.||$1,000|
|Bank Fee||Fee to cover bank charges associated with international money transfers.||$20|
An invoice will be emailed to the team leader within 5 days of the registration being made. Payment terms are net 30 days or by the last day of registrations. Payments must be made by International Money Transfer (IMT) in US Dollars (USD) to:
|Beneficiary Name||Australian Science Innovations|
|Bank Name||Commonwealth Bank Of Australia|
|BSB Number||06 2913|
|Address||Belconnen Mall, Benjamin Way, Belconnen, ACT, 2617, Australia|
|REF||[Your country] APhO 2020 (For Example: Vietnam APhO 2020)|
Participation Details Of APHO
- The leader and observers (no. of 2) who will accompany the students will provide guidance and counseling throughout the Asian Physics Olympiad.
Note: The choice of leaders and observers will be recommended by the coordinator in consultation with the IAPT-APhO cell members.
- The 2 team leaders will act as jury members on behalf of the country, partake in deliberations on the competitive tests as well as on policy matters in the international board/ jury meeting and participate in arbitration sessions on behalf of Indian students.
Benefits For Giving APHO Exam
- Those candidates who represented India in the APhO do not need to appear in the Ist stage of NSEP examination.
- Such candidates may be allowed on written request to the National Co-Ordinator (science olympiads) for directly appearing in the second stage of Indian National Physics Olympiad (INPhO) exam provided they satisfy other eligibility criteria such as age, pre-college status etc.
To Check Official Notification Of IAPT: Click Here
The whole exam is divided into 2 parts i.e. theoretical and practical. To check the details of syllabus click on the link.
APHO Previous Year Question Paper
The previous year question paper helps the candidate to know the exam pattern and type of question come in the exam. To make aware of the exam pattern and syllabus candidate need to solve at least the last 4-5 years question papers. Candidates can click on the link and Check the APHO 2020 Question Paper.
We provided here complete information regarding APHO 2020. If there are any queries in mind please tell us through the comment box given below. We will reply to the answer to your queries.
APHO 2020: Official Site