FYJC Admission 2017 (फर्स्ट ईयर जूनियर कॉलेज ऑनलाइन प्रवेश प्रक्रिया): The online admission form for the students who seek admission in First Year Junior Colleges (FYJC) is likely to be released soon by the education department of Maharashtra. FYJC Admissions Forms started from 02 June 2017. FYJC Online Admission Information Booklet can be collected from any of the FYJC of the State which contains all the information required to fill the FYJC Online Admission Form at the portal. The admissions will be granted in FYJC on the basis of applicant’s merit in Class 10th Board or any other equivalent examination. Students who are seeking admission in FYJCs of Mumbai/ Pune can read about FYJC Online Admission Pune/ Mumbai in the article below.
Latest News: FYJC Third Merit List 2017
FYJC Online Admission Form- Mumbai/ Pune
The instructions to fill the FYJC Admission Form Online are given in Admission Information Booklet which can be collected from any FYJC in the State of Maharashtra. The admissions will be granted on the basis of merit in Class 10th qualifying exam. The process to fill the FYJC Online Admission Form is listed below:
• FYJC Information Booklet can be purchased from any FYPC of Pune and Mumbai at Rs.100 only.
• The information booklet contains login credentials which are to be used on the official FYJC Admission Portal. Links are given in the table below.
• Instructions regarding first login are also given in the booklet. At your first login, you will be prompted to change your default password for security reasons.
• FYJC Admission Form can be filled after you have successfully set-up your account. Carefully read the instructions given and fill-in the admission form and submit it.
• Following documents may also be needed while filling the admission form:
- Class Xth Mark-sheet.
- Character Certificate.
- Migration/ Transfer Certificate.
- Caste & Income Certificate, if necessary.
|FYJC Admission 2017 – Links|
|Admission City||Contact Details||Links|
|For Admission in FYJC Mumbaifirstname.lastname@example.org||Click Here|
|For Admission in FYJC Puneemail@example.com||Click Here|
|For Admission in FYJC Nashikfirstname.lastname@example.org||Click Here|
|For Admission in FYJC Nagpuremail@example.com||Click Here|
|Download FYJC Information Booklet in English – Click Here|
|Download FYJC Information Booklet in Marathi – Click Here|
FYJC Admission Process 2017-18
• Eligibility – The student must have passed Class 10th Board Examination of CBSE/ ICSE/ State Board or any other equivalent board with at least 35% marks is eligible for admission. Please note that reputed Junior Colleges may have different criterion for admissions.
• Filling the Admission Form – FYJC Admission Form is required to be filled by the applicant before the last date of submission.
• Choice Filling – The student after filling the admission form can select the Junior Colleges of his/her choice. While selecting the junior college, please keep an eye on the eligibility criteria issued by that college on the website. A student can select up-to 5 junior colleges with streams of his/her choice.
• Merit List – A list of admitted students will be published on the portal. The merit list will be prepared on first-come-first-serve basis of merit in Class 10th only. If your name does not appear in the FYJC Admission List you can either wait or withdraw your name for admissions. This year, four FYJC Merit Lists will be released starting from 15 June 2017 and each merit list will be published with 7-10 days of gap in between.
Students Official Login: Apply Here
FYJC Admissions Dates 2017 (Tentative)
There will be four round of admissions from 15 June to 15 July 2017. One round per week, if seats will be remaining there then additional round will be conducted.
|FYJC Admission Time Table 2017 – Mumbai Metropolitan Region (MMR)|
|Online Form Filling||16 June – 29 June 2017 (Extended)|
|General Merit List||04 July 2017 (Released)|
|First Merit List||10 July 2017 (Released)|
|Second Merit List||20 July 2017|
|Third Merit List||29 July 2017|
|Fourth Merit List||06 August 2017|
FYJC Online Admission in Pune
The filling of admission form for admission in Junior Colleges of Pune for academic session 2017-18 was started in January 2017. Last year over 1,00,000 students applied against 73,385 seats in 218 Junior Colleges of Pune. College-wise merit list will be published on the portal after Class 10th results are announced.
Online Admission in FYJC Mumbai
FYJC Information Booklets are distributed at various Junior Colleges in Mumbai from 07 January 2017. Hundreds of known Junior Colleges of Mumbai are also offering admissions through the education portal. There is no information given by the authority yet for when the college-wise merit list will be declared. Please check back this article on a daily basis for more updates.
FYJC Seat Matrix for Session 2017-18
- Number of Seats for FYJC Admissions in last year: 2.78 Lakh
- Number of Seats for FYJC Admissions in this year: 2.92 Lakh
FYJC Admission Quota
For this year’s FYJC Admissions, nearly 50% of the seats are reserved for the students belonging to the socially weaker sections of the society. The distribution of those seats along with values of other quotas like management quota, in-house quota and girls quota is listed below in the table.
|FYJC Admission Quota|
|Quota Type||Reserved Seats (In %)|
|In – House Quota||20|
|Other Backward Classes (OBC)||19|
|Scheduled Castes (SC)||13|
|Scheduled Tribes (ST)||7|
|De – Notified Tribes||3|
|Special Backward Classes (SBC)||2|
|Minority Quota (Only applicable in Minority Colleges)||50|
|Quota for Girls from Poor Background||30|
Note: It is worth consideration that out the quotas listed above, Minority Quota and Girls Quota is only applicable in Minority Colleges. No other college will include these two quotas in their list of reserved seats.