60th International Mathematical Olympiad 2019 is an international level championship of mathematics for high school students. IMO was initiated in 1959, since then the event has been held every year in a different country. IMO aims at encouraging an academic environment for young students in learning and mastering Mathematics.
In this event, a team of maximum 6 members participates from different countries to solve the hardest problems of the mathematics of the world. This year’s IMO IMO 2019 will be held in Bath, United Kingdom in July, 2019. IMO is also known as the third level of Mathematics Olympiad, the first two levels are Regional Mathematics Olympiad (RMO) and India National Mathematics Olympiad (INMO) respectively. We are giving here Scholarship Exams for Students so check table also at the end of the post.
NTSE Stage II Exam
IMO 2019 Registration Form
Upon selection in India’s IMO team, a Team Leader (TL) is elected. TL will be responsible for all the actions performed by his team. A Deputy Leader (DL) and an observer may also be elected if the need exists. Remember that for participating in olympiad registration is a mandatory field. To register for IMO 2019, TL must follow the steps mentioned below.
Check Here: Top Indian Schools Entrance Exams
How to register for IMO 2019
- Visit the official website of the authority at www.imo2019.uk
- Select the “Registration” tab from the top of the page.
- Now click on “Online Registration” button.
- Enter your IMO login credentials to complete the login process
- Enter the names of the rest of the team members
- Click “Create Team” button at the bottom of the IMO Registration page
NOTE: Only a Team Leader (TL) has the authority to login and register a new team as per the rules of IMO.
IMO Eligibility Criteria
The eligibility criteria for IMO is different for countries participating as IMO is an international level competition. The IMO eligibility criteria for India is as follows:
- All team members must be studying in class 9th, 10th, 11th or 12th.
- All 6 members of the team must have cleared RMO (Regional Mathematics Olympiad) and INMO (India National Mathematics Olympiad).
- All 6 members of the selected team must have attended the INMO Training Camp successfully.
IMO 2019 Important Dates
The table below shows the schedule during the registration period of IMO 2019:
|Last day for online confirmation of participation by countries||15th February, 2019|
|Last day for receipt of problem proposals||23rd April, 2019|
|Last day of registration of leaders, deputy leaders, observers, the number of contestants and arrival day for leaders and observers||23rd April, 2019|
|Last day for full payment of charges for single rooms and observers in cleared funds||20th May, 2019|
|Last day for online registration of contestants||31st May, 2019|
|Last day for online registration of all travel details||15th June, 2019|
|60th IMO Exam Held On||2nd Week of July 2019|
- In order to be able to participate in IMO 2019, student will have to clear RMO (Regional Mathematics Olympiad) followed by INMO (Indian National Mathematics Olympiad).
- After qualifying INMO, student will have to attend an INMO Training Camp.
- During INMO Training Camp, a team of 6 members will be finalized to represent India in IMO 2019.
IMO 2019 Schedule
The students who are going to take participate in the International Mathematics Olympiad (IMO) 2019 they can check here schedule for this event. IMO schedule is as listed below.
The students participating in International Mathematics Olympiad 2019 will get gold, silver and bronze medals upon holding first, second and third positions respectively in the competition. The medals will be distributed in such a way that half of the participating students will get the medals. Certificate of Honorable Mention will also be given to the students who have solved at least one problem successfully.
Official Link : Apply Here