IMO 2018- International Mathematics Olympiad is an international level championship of mathematics for high school students. IMO was initiated in 1959, since then the event has been held every year in a different country. IMO aims at encouraging an academic environment for young students in learning and mastering Mathematics. In this event, a team of maximum 6 members participates from different countries to solve the hardest problems of the mathematics of the world. This year’s IMO IMO 2018 will be held in Cluj Napoca, Romania from 3rd to 14th July, 2018. IMO is also known as the third level of Mathematics Olympiad, the first two levels are Regional Mathematics Olympiad (RMO) and India National Mathematics Olympiad (INMO) respectively. We are giving here Scholarship Exams for Students so check table also at the end of the post.
NTSE Stage II Exam
IMO 2018 Registration Form
Upon selection in India’s IMO team, a Team Leader (TL) is elected. TL will be responsible for all the actions performed by his team. A Deputy Leader (DL) and an observer may also be elected if the need exists. Remember that for participating in olympiad registration is a mandatory field. To register for IMO 2018, TL must follow the steps mentioned below.
Check Here: Top Indian Schools Entrance Exams
How to register for IMO 2018
- Visit the official website of the authority at www.imo2018.org.br
- Select the “Registration” tab from the top of the page.
- Now click on “Online Registration” button.
- Enter your IMO login credentials to complete the login process
- Enter the names of the rest of the team members
- Click “Create Team” button at the bottom of the IMO 2018 Registration page
NOTE: Only a Team Leader (TL) has the authority to login and register a new team as per the rules of IMO.
IMO Eligibility Criteria
The eligibility criteria for IMO is different for countries participating as IMO is an international level competition. The IMO eligibility criteria for India is as follows:
- All team members must be studying in class 9th, 10th, 11th or 12th.
- All 6 members of the team must have cleared RMO (Regional Mathematics Olympiad) and INMO (India National Mathematics Olympiad).
- All 6 members of the selected team must have attended the INMO Training Camp successfully.
IMO 2018 Important Dates
The table below shows the schedule during the registration period of IMO 2018:
|Last day for online confirmation of participation by countries||15th February, 2018|
|Last day for receipt of problem proposals||15th March, 2018|
|Last day of registration of leaders, deputy leaders, observers, the number of contestants and arrival day for leaders and observers||20th April, 2018|
|Last day for full payment of charges for single rooms and observers in cleared funds||20th May, 2018|
|Last day for online registration of contestants||31st May, 2018|
|Last day for online registration of all travel details||15th June, 2018|
- In order to be able to participate in IMO 2018, student will have to clear RMO (Regional Mathematics Olympiad) followed by INMO (Indian National Mathematics Olympiad).
- After qualifying INMO, student will have to attend an INMO Training Camp.
- During INMO Training Camp, a team of 6 members will be finalized to represent India in IMO 2018.
IMO 2018 Schedule
The students who are going to take participate in the International Mathematics Olympiad (IMO) 2018 they can check here schedule for this event. IMO schedule is as listed below.
|3rd July, 2018 (Tue)||Leaders|
|4th July, 2018 (Wed)||Leaders|
|Arrival day IMO AB meeting|
|5th July, 2018 (Thursday)||Leaders|
|6th July, 2018 (Fri)||Leaders|
|7th July, 2018 (Sat)||Leaders||Deputy Leaders and Contestants|
|Jury Meeting||Arrival day|
|8th July, 2018 (Sun)||Leaders, Deputy Leaders and Contestants|
|9th July, 2018 (Mon)||Leaders||Deputy Leaders and Contestants||Contestants|
|Q&A session, Excursion and Welcome Banquet||Excursion||First day of contest|
|10th July, 2018 (Tue)||Leaders||Contestants|
|Q&A session, Excursion and Welcome Banquet||Second day of contest|
|11th July, 2018 (Wed)||Leaders and Deputy Leaders||Contestants|
|12th July, 2018 (Thu)||Leaders and Deputy Leaders||Contestants|
|Coordination, Final Jury Meeting||Excursion, IMO Lecture|
|13th July, 2018 (Fri)||Leaders, Deputy Leaders and Contestants|
|Closing Ceremony and Farewell banquet|
|14th July, 2018 (Sat)||Leaders, Deputy Leaders and Contestants|
The students participating in International Mathematics Olympiad 2018 will get gold, silver and bronze medals upon holding first, second and third positions respectively in the competition. The medals will be distributed in such a way that half of the participating students will get the medals. Certificate of Honorable Mention will also be given to the students who have solved at least one problem successfully.
Other Scholarship Programs
[table id=35 /]