International Chemistry Olympiad 2017 (इंटरनेशनल केमिस्ट्री ओलंपियाड): IChO 2017 is an international level championship of Chemistry for high school students. IChO was initiated in 1968, since then it is conducted every year by a different country. IChO aims to stimulate the activities of the students interested in chemistry by a way of independent and creative solution of chemical problems while encouraging corporation and international understanding. IChO 2017 will be held in Thailand during 6 – 15 July, 2017. Students who are interested in appearing for IChO 2017 can check the details on IChO Registration Process, eligibility, schedule and prizes.
Must Read: KVPY Application Form 2017
IChO 2017 Eligibility
The eligibility criteria for International Chemistry Olympiad (IChO) is different for each participating country as IChO is an international level competition. IChO 2017 Eligibility Criteria for India is as follows:
- Only students who are studying in Class IX/ X/ XI or XII under any CBSE/ ICSE/ State Board or any equivalent board affiliated schools in India are eligible for IChO 2017.
- Student must have cleared National Standard Examination in Chemistry (NSEC), India National Chemistry Olympiad (INCO) and INCO Training Camp.
The participating country must re-assure that their team members are eligible for IChO 2017. At a later stage, if found not eligible whole team will be disqualified from the competition.
IChO 2017 Application Procedure
To be a team member of India’s team for International Chemistry Olympiad (IChO) 2017 you will have to qualify three rounds in total, namely National Standard Examination in Chemistry (NSEC), India National Chemistry Olympiad (INCO) and INCO Training Camp.
Upon selection in the team a Team Leader (TL), Deputy Leader (DL) and an Observer shall be elected out of the team consisting of 6 members. After that, TL has the responsibility to register his team online.
Also Read: NDA II Application Form
IChO 2017 Important Dates
|1st February, 2017||Online registration begins|
|1st March, 2017||Deadline for Country registration|
|Participant registration begins|
|1st May, 2017||Deadline for Mentor, Observer and Guest registration|
|15th May, 2017||Deadline for Student registration|
|Deadline for all payments|
|6th July, 2017||Official arrival day|
|7th July, 2017||Opening ceremony of IChO 2017|
|9th July, 2017||Practical exam day|
|11th July, 2017||Theoretical exam day and reunion party|
|14th July, 2017||Closing ceremony and farewell party|
|15th July, 2017||Official departure day|
IChO Winner Prizes
- The official results are prepared by the international jury.
- The number of gold medals awarded is in the range of 8% to 12%, silver 18% to 22% and bronze medals 28% to 32% of the total number of competitors. In addition to medals, other prizes may also be rewarded by the conducting authority.
- An Honorable Mention is also awarded to competitors who are among the best 10% of non-medalists.
- Each competitor will receive Certificate of Participation.
Also Read: Scholarship Exams in India