CBSE Group Mathematical Olympiad (GMO) 2019: CBSE GMO is an acronym for Group Mathematical Olympiad. GMO is conducted by Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) annually across the country. Through GMO examination, CBSE aims to find and nurture mathematical talent in the school going students.
Also, the selected students can appear for Indian National Mathematics Olympiad (INMO). GMO 2019 will be conducted in the month of October, 2019. Interested students can check GMO 2019 Application Process, eligibility and selection process from the article below.
CBSE GMO 2019 Application Process
The application process of Group Mathematical Olympiad is a little different than other Olympiad examinations. First, CBSE forms a list of academically well performing schools of various districts/ cities. Then, the selected schools are instructed to pick 5 students from their school who have exceptional mathematical aptitude. This procedure is followed to ensure the best results for India in International Mathematics Olympiad (IMO).
Application Fee: The selected students have to pay an application fee of Rs. 100 to fill the GMO 2018 Application Form.
CBSE Mathematical Olympiad (GMO) Eligibility
All schools must ensure that their students must full fill each criterion to avoid problems at a later stage. The GMO eligibility criteria is as follows:
- Student must be a citizen of India
- Student must be studying in a CBSE/ ICSE/ State Board school, affiliated by the Government
- Student must be studying in class 8th/ 9th/ 10th/ 11th or 12th
CBSE GMO Exam Pattern
ADMISSION OPEN 2019
|Sharda University Admissions Open:||Apply Now|
|LPU National Eligibility and Scholarship Test:||Apply Now|
|ALLEN ASAT Scholarship Test:||Apply Now|
The GMO question paper will contain only 6 questions which are to be solved in a time duration of three hours. All the questions will be descriptive in nature.
Check Here: Top Indian Schools Entrance Exams
CBSE Maths Olympiad Syllabus
All the students appearing for Group Mathematical Olympiad 2018 will have the same question paper. The question paper will be prepared by following CBSE/ ICSE/ State Board syllabus only. The list of some common topics of GMO Syllabus is given below:
|• Arithmetic of Integers||• Inequalities|
|• Geometry||• Elementary Combinatorics|
|• Quadratic Equations & Expressions||• Probability Theory|
|• Trigonometry||• Number Theory|
|• Co-ordinate Geometry||• Finite Series & Complex Numbers|
|• System of Linear Equations||• Elementary Graph Theory|
|• Permutations & Combinations||• Factorization of Polynomial|
- The 5 students selected for appearing in GMO 2018 have to go through a screening test conducted by the school to ensure the selection of the right student to represent their school.
- The answer sheets of GMO of different schools will be evaluated by CBSE itself at its headquarters in Delhi. At most 30 students will be selected with an additional quota of 5 positions for girls to appear in Indian National Mathematics Olympiad (INMO) and if selected, will be sponsored by the government for International Mathematics Olympiad (IMO) to be member of India’s International Mathematics team.
- The result will only be conveyed to the selected students through their respective schools. No information for not selected students will be published or declared.
CBSE GMO Result 2019
The result will be declared after the GMO 2019 Examination has been conducted successfully. Once the examination has been conducted we will update you with the links as soon as the information is available. The GMO result will be declared in the month of January 2019.