Shell Junior Scholarship 2020: If you are looking for Shell Junior National Science Scholarship (SJNSS) then you are on right portal. Here we are giving complete information about SJNSS Scholarship scheme.
Shell Junior National Science Scholarship (SJNSS) 2020
Shell Junior National Science Scholarship (SJNSS) is sponsored by Shell India and implemented by the British Council. In addition to that National Council of Science Museums (NCSM) is the knowledge partner of SJNSS. SJNSS scholarship 2020 is for secondary school students of class IX and X only.
Shell India aims to provide financial support to the meritorious students so that they can build a successful career as an engineer focusing on energy sector. More details regarding the Shell Junior National Science Scholarship application form, eligibility, selection process and scholarship amount can be obtained from this page.
Check Here: Top Indian Schools Entrance Exams 2020.
SJNSS 2020 Application Form
To apply for Shell Junior National Science Scholarship (SJNSS) you will need an internet connection as half of the process is online. Only schools are allowed to register and a maximum of 20 students can appear from a single school. You can follow these simple steps if you want to apply for SJNSS:
Step I: Downloading the Application Form
- Open the official website of the British Council.
- Click on the “Shell Junior National Science Scholarship” tab on the home page.
- Now click on the “Get Application Form” link on the web page.
- Your application form for SJNSS will be downloaded in a PDF file.
Step II: Filling the Application Form
- Take a print out of downloaded application form.
- Fill the form completely. Make sure no field is left blank (unless it is optional).
- Get the filled application form signed from the Principal of your school/ institute.
Step III: Send the Application Form
- You can either submit the filled application form to the nearest British Council office or courier/speed post it to the following address:
Birla Industrial and Technological Museum,
19A, Gurusaday Road, Kolkata – 700019.
Shell Junior Scholarship Eligibility Criteria
Students for Shell Junior National Science Scholarship must be selected by the school/ institute in which the student is studying. The students selected by the school must not be more than 20. While selecting the students, school authorities should keep following SJNSS eligibility criteria in their mind:
- The student must be a citizen of India.
- The student must be currently studying in class IX or X.
- The student must have secured more than 60% marks in Class VIII or IX.
Shell Junior Scholarship Details
Scholarship Name: Shell Junior National Science Scholarship
Organized By: British Council and National Council of Science Museums
Scholarship Level: National
Website: britishcouncil.in || ncsm.gov.in
Check Here: Shell Junior Scholarship (SJNSS) Result
Shell Junior Scholarship Selection Process
The merit list is prepared on the basis of a scholarship exam. The SJNSS Exam is organized in 6 different cities simultaneously and they are New Delhi, Mumbai, Kolkata, Bangalore, Ahmedabad and Chennai.
- Top 3 students of each center are declared as Regional Winners. 18 Regional Winners will get a scholarship amount of Rs. 50,000/- each.
- Top 3 students of Shell Junior National Science Scholarship examination are declared as National Winners. National Winners will get a scholarship amount of Rs. 75,000/- each.
Please note that a student can win two prizes, the Shell Junior Regional Science Award and the Shell Junior National Science Award.