UP Scholarship 2018
UP Scholarship 2018: The state of Uttar Pradesh annually offers scholarships to pre-matric and post-matric students under the name of UP Scholarship 2018-19. The state offers both Pre-Matric & Post-Matric Scholarships to the students to assist them in pursuing their Higher Education with ease. UP Scholarship 2018-19 Application Form will be released online at the scholarship portal of the state on July 2018. UP State Scholarship is administered and distributed with the help of institutes located within and outside the state. Interested students can read more about UP Pre/ Post Matric Scholarships in the article below.
UP Scholarship 2018
The UP Scholarship is distributed annually at both Pre Matric (Class I to X) and Post Matric (Class XI, XII, UG, PG & Doctoral) levels. For the effective administration and functioning of the application and various other processes involved in the disbursement of UP Scholarship, the government has launched UP Scholarship & Fee Reimbursement Online System. The UP Scholarship Registration will start on July 2018 at the scholarship portal for pre-matric and post-matric levels.
UP Pre & Post Matric Scholarship 2018
- UP Pre Matric Scholarship: The UP Pre Matric Scholarship is distributed from Class I to Class X students studying in schools of Uttar Pradesh (UP) State. However, the pre matric scholarship is awarded to only to the students belonging to families with poor financial conditions.
- UP Post Matric Scholarship: The UP Post Matric Scholarship is offered students in Class XI/ XII or pursuing UG/ PG/ Doctoral degree from the institutes within or outside the state. Also, only the students in need of financial assistance are awarded the post matric scholarship.
UP Scholarship Application Form 2018
The UP Scholarship Application Form will be released online at scholarship.up.nic.in, the official scholarship portal of Uttar Pradesh State. However, the application form will be available from July 2018 on the portal. You can also check UP Scholarship Status for session 2018-19. The students willing to apply for UP Scholarship can follow the process given below:
- Registration : The students who are applying for UP Scholarship for the fist time must register at the scholarship portal to proceed. You can simply register the portal by clicking on Student >> Registration (2018-19) and fill in the mandatory details.
- Login : After registration, student may login with newly set credentials by selecting either pre matric scholarship or post matric scholarship.
- Filling Application Form : Fill in the mandatory details in their respective fields and hit the “Submit” button. Additionally, take a print out of the UP Scholarship Application Form and submit it to the institution in which you seek admission or currently studying.
UP Scholarship Eligibility Criteria
The UP Scholarship Eligibility Criteria is different for pre matric and post matric scholarships:
- For Pre Matric Scholarship
• Eligibility: The student must be studying in between Class I to X (inclusive) in government or government recognized school of Uttar Pradesh.
• Annual Income: The sum of all income sources of the family of the student must be less than Rs.2,00,000 for all categories (SC/ ST/ OBC/ General).
2. For Post Matic Scholarship
• Eligibility: The student must have passed 12th class and the institute in which he/she seeks scholarship must be listed at the UP Scholarship Portal.
• Annual Income: The annual income of the family of the student must not exceed Rs.2,00,000 for all categories (SC/ ST/ OBC/ General).
UP Scholarship Dates
|UP Scholarship Dates|
|Application Form Begins||July 2018|
|Application Form Ends||September 2018|
|Deposition of Hard Copy of the Application Form||Within 6 Working Days of Filling October 2018|
|Last Date to Deposit Corrected Application Form||Within 3 Working Days of Correction Until November 2018|
|Disbursement of Scholarship||December 2018|
UP Scholarship Process
The students are selected for UP Scholarship on the basis of merit in the last Annual Examination passed by the student and the financial condition of the family of the student. The scholarship will be offered only to those students whose financial condition is weak or poor. Upon tie in merit, the financial situation of the families will be compared.
Download: UP Scholarship Notification
Up Scholarship 2018 Amount
|UP Pre Matric Scholarship Amount|
|Class||Monthly Scholarship Amount (In Rs.)||Annual Scholarship Amount (In Rs.)|
|Class I to V||25||300|
|Class VI to VIII||40||480|
|Class IX & X||60||720|
|UP Post Matric Scholarship Amount|
|Group||Monthly Scholarship Amount (In Rs.)|