National Scholarship Portal: It is a digital scholarship platform which carries multiple scholarships offered by the government (central, state) and different government agencies such as “UGC (University Grants Commission)”, AICTE (All India Council for Technical Education)”.
The National Scholarship Portal (NSP) is a one-stop solution through which various services starting from student application, application receipt, processing, sanction and disbursal of various scholarship to students are enabled.
What is the Mission of NSP?
The mission of the NSP is Mission Mode Project (MMP) of National Scholarship Portal under the prevalence of the National e-Governance Plan which aims to provide a common electronic portal for implementing various scholarship schemes.
By providing a SMART System (Simplified, Mission-Oriented, Accountable, Responsive & Transparent) for faster & effective disposal of scholarships applications and delivery of funds directly into account without any leakage of information.
In What ways The NSP is Beneficial
There are various benefits for NSP which are as follows:
- It makes the process simpler for all the student as all the details regarding the scholarship is available at one place.
- All the scholarship application forms are available at one place.
- This portal suggests the schemes for which students are eligible.
- Master data for institution and courses at all India level which help in standardization.
- Comprehensive MIS system to facilitate monitoring every stage of Scholarships distribution i.e. from student registration to delivery
- It serves as a Decision Support System (DSS) for ministers and department as up-to-date information which will be available on demand.
How To Do Registration In NSP
To do registration in NSP portal we are giving here the steps from which students are easily able to do register themselves. The NSP Registration Process is as follows:
- Go to the official website of NSP i.e. scholarships.gov.in. A home page appears as shown below.
- If you are a new user click on the New Registration.
- If you are already registered click on the “Login” button and select “Fresh 2019-20”.
- If you are a don’t have login details click on “New Registration Icon”. A page appears as shown below. Click on “New User? Register”
- Read the guidelines for registration on NSP and click on continue button which is provided on the end of the page.
- A page appears as shown below under which student need to fill the detail such as “Name of student”, “DOB” etc and click on the “Register”
- On clicking the register button a unique application number is provided on your registered mobile phone number.
- A message appears of successful registration. Under that message, a student application ID is given. This ID will also provide through the SMS of the registered mobile no.
- After successfully getting the ID to click on “login to apply” and fill the details such as “application ID”, “password” and “recaptcha”.
- After successful registration candidate is forced to change the password (in case if they did registration for the first time). Once the student changed the password, they will be directed to the “Applicant’s Dashboard Page.”
- Click on the “Application Form” The application form is divided into 3 parts i.e. “Registration details”, “ Academic details”, “Basic details”.
- After that click on “Save and Continue” Fill the contact details and the scheme details.
- If you are not clear about any details click on save a draft to presume that window again else click on “Final Submit”
- After the final submission, you will be not able to edit the form again.
What are The Schemes Cover by NSP?
For the student studying in class 1 to Ph.D. level, the NSP cover almost all types of scholarship schemes. The scholarship which is covered by NSP is as follows.
- Central schemes
- UGC Schemes
- AICTE Schemes
- States Schemes
For Central Schemes
There is a different department under the govt. of India which runs a number of scholarship to help students to pursue their dream.
The scholarship name along with the name of the provider is provided below in the central scheme is given below under the table.
|Name of The Provider||Scholarship Name|
|Ministry of Minority Affairs|
|Department of Empowerment of Persons with Disabilities|
|Ministry of Social Justice & Empowerment||Top class education scheme for SC students|
|Ministry of Labour & Employment|
|Ministry of Tribal Affairs||National fellowship and scholarship for higher education of ST students- scholarship (formally top class education for Schedule tribe students)- only for scholarship|
|Department of School Education & Literacy|
|Department of Higher Education||Central sector scheme of scholarships for college and university students|
|WARB, Ministry of Home Affairs||Prime Minister’s Scholarship scheme for Central Armed Police Forces and And Assam Rifles|
|RPF/ RPSF, Ministry of Railway||Prime Minister’s Scholarship Scheme for RPF/ RPSF|
For State Schemes
|Name of The State||Name of Scheme|
How To Apply In A Particular Scheme
We are giving here the steps from which anyone can apply for this scheme. The NSP Application Process is as follows:
- Go to the official site of National Scholarship Portal e. scholarships.gov.in.
- Select the type of scheme for which you want to apply i.e. “Central” or “State Scheme”.
- After selecting the scheme to select the department or ministry under which you are interested.
- After selecting the link a various scholarship link is provided such as Pre, post, merit cum means scholarship.
- Click on the apply button which is provided in the same row.
- A window appears name as National Scholarship Portal under which candidate need to fill the application ID, password and recaptcha.
- After that click on the “Login” button
FAQs Regarding National Scholarship Portal
Q1 Is Aadhaar card is mandatory for all NSP Scholarship?
Ans No, it is not mandatory for any of the NSP scholarship.
Q2 Is there any permanent ID provided during the registration is done?
Ans yes there will be a permanent ID will be provided to the candidate once his/ her registration is done successfully. The ID will be provided through SMS and e-mail.
Q3 How can I check the status of the application which I filled?
Ans By submitting his/ her permanent ID and DOB candidate can check their status of Online application form.
Q4 Is the usage of Digital Signature mandatory?
Ans No it is not such mandatory at the registration/ verification stage of NSP application.
We provided here complete information regarding the National Scholarship Portal. If there are any queries please tell us through the comment box given below. We will reply to the answer to your queries as soon as possible.
National Scholarship Portal: Official Site
National Scholarship Portal 2019 : The National Scholarship Portal (NSP) is one stop solution initiated to provide all information on various scholarship programmes managed by the Government of India. NSP Portal has enlisted all the district, state and national level scholarships which are provided by their respective governmental authorities.
National Scholarship Portal is an initiative by the Government of India under the Digital India scheme. For a scholarship, the NSP Portal handles student application, application fee, and receipt, sanction and declaration of results. The students can know about National Scholarship Portal Application Form in the article below.
The National Scholarship Portal has the facility of online filling of Application Form for various Government Scholarships and direct disbursement of the amount to the students. In order to avail any of the scholarship available on the NSP Portal, the students must fill the National Scholarship Portal Application Form. We are providing you the steps to perform National Scholarship Portal Student Login in the steps below:
- Visit the official website, the link for NSP Portal.
- On the homepage, click on New User? Register button at the top left.
- Agree to the Terms & Conditions by pressing the Continue button at the bottom.
- On the registration page, you will be asked for basic details along with your bank account details.
- After filling the NSP Application Form, click on the Register button.
Note: Upon first login after the registration, you will be asked for academic qualifications and details.
National Scholarship Portal: How To Apply for a Scholarship?
The students can National Scholarship Portal Login to Apply by following these simple steps:
- Visit the National Scholarship Portal by clicking on the link.
- On the homepage, look for the scholarship that interests you under On Board Schemes.
- Click on Apply button in the front of your selected scholarship.
- Perform Student Login, if not already done.
- Agree to the Terms & Conditions and press the Register button at the bottom.
- You can track National Scholarship Portal Application Status right after the registration.
National Scholarship Portal Scholarship List
There are currently 20 scholarship schemes registered on National Scholarship Portal (NSP). The application form must be filled separately for each scholarship for which the student want to enroll. Some of the most scholarship schemes are listed below:
- Post Matric Scholarship Scheme
- Merit cum Means Scholarship Scheme
- Pre Matric Scholarship Scheme
- Central Sector Scheme of Scholarship for College & University Students
- National Means cum Merit Scholarship Scheme
- Incentives to Girls for Secondary Education
- Central Sector Scholarship Scheme of Top Class Education for SC Students
- Pre Matric Scholarships for Students with Disabilities