SOF IEO 2019: International English Olympiad is an international level Olympiad examination organized by Science Olympiad Foundation (SOF) and British Council (BC) annually across the country.
IEO aims the focus on communication and use of English language rather than rote learning and correct grammar only. IEO is an examination for school going students only. IEO 2019 will be held on 15th October & 5th November 2019. On this page, you can find detailed information about IEO Online Registration 2019, eligibility, exam dates, exam pattern, syllabus and sample papers.
SOF IEO Application Process
The application process of International English Olympiad (IEO) is managed by the SOF registered schools only. So, there are three cases while applying for IEO 2019:
- School is registered with SOF – This makes the application process fairly simple. You just have to submit the IEO 2019 Application Form and IEO Application Fee in order to appear for International English Olympiad Examination 2019.
- School is not registered with SOF – In this scenario, there are some extra things to be performed in order to be able to appear for IEO 2019. First, write a mail to email@example.com requesting the prospectus. The IEO 2019 Registration Form will come along the prospectus. Remember, a minimum of 25 students must be willing to appear for the examination.
- Appear in another SOF registered school – You can also appear for IEO 2019 by registering in some nearby SOF registered school. Remember, the school you select will be your centre for IEO Examination 2019.
SOF IEO Exam Application Form will Release here: Apply Here
IEO Application Fee
Schools situated at India, Bangladesh, Bhutan & Nepal pay to SOF a registration fee of Rs 125* (including GST) per student / Olympiad towards cost of the examination. Schools may charge an additional Rs 25** per student towards honorarium of in-charge, remuneration to teachers to teach and guide, and for other expenses.
No fee is payable for students suﬀering from any major physical disability, or an Indian student whose parent was martyred during defence operations.
*US$9 for other countries
**US$1 for other countries
SOF IEO 2019 Eligibility Criteria
The eligibility criteria for IEO 2019 is as follows.
- Students of classes 1st to 12th are eligible to appear for the 1st level Olympiads. There is no other eligibility criterion like minimum marks.
Students who qualify for the 2nd level exam include.
- Top 5% of students’ class wise, who appear for the 1st level exam,
- Zone wise top 25 rank holders class wise, and
- Class toppers from each participating school where at least 10 students from a class appear in the exam & scores 50% qualifying marks. In case registration is received section wise, students with highest marks, irrespective of section will qualify for the 2nd level. For section wise registrations, winner(s) of gold medal may not necessarily qualify for the second level.
Students from classes 1 and 2 are not required to appear for the 2nd level exam and are ranked based on their performance in the first level exam.
SOF IEO Important Dates 2019
|Online Registration date (s)||Last week of August 2019|
|Exam Date||15th October & 5th November 2019|
|Availability of Admit Card||Available Soon|
IEO Exam Pattern 2019
The exam pattern for IEO is designed to focus on communication and use of English language rather than rote learning and correct grammar only. Separate question papers will be prepared for each class. The IEO Exam Pattern is as follows:
|Class||Section||Number of Questions||Marks/ Question||Total Marks|
|1 to 4||Word and Structure Knowledge||30||1||30|
|Spoken & Written Expression|
|5 to 12||Word and Structure Knowledge||45||1||45|
|Spoken & Written Expression|
Also Check: IEO Hall Ticket ||
International English Olympiad (IEO) Syllabus
Separate question papers will be prepared following CBSE or ICSE or State Board syllabus only. Although, only 90% question paper will be based on the actual syllabus the remaining 10% will focus on communication and real life examples.
Also Check: SOF IEO Syllabus
IEO Sample Papers 2019
The sample papers listed below are gathered from SOF’s official website only. These sample papers for IEO are based on the exam pattern mentioned above and will give you a brief idea about the level of competition. The links for IEO Sample Papers are given below:
|Class 1||Class 4||Class 7||Class 10|
|Class 2||Class 5||Class 8||Class 11|
|Class 3||Class 6||Class 9||Class 12|
|Other Science Foundation Olympiads|
|Olympiad Name||Apply Online|
|National Cyber Olympiad||CLICK HERE|
|National Science Olympiad||CLICK HERE|
|International Mathematics Olympiad||CLICK HERE|
|International Company Secretaries Olympiad||CLICK HERE|
|International General Knowledge Olympiad||CLICK HERE|