All India Sainik Schools Entrance Examinations (AISSEE) 2018- Details

AISSEE 2018

The Sainik Schools are a system of schools in India established and managed by the Sainik Schools Society under Ministry of Defence. All India Sainik School Entrance Examinations (AISSEE) is confined to boys and are done at all 26 branches every year in the month of January (Generally, first/second Sunday). Sainik Schools Entrance Exams is responsible for making the boys fit for NDA (National Defense Academy) and UPSC (Union Public Service Commission). The age limit for boys who seek admission in class VI must be 10-11 years old and for

Eligibility: The age limit for boys who seek admission in class VI must be 10-11 years old and for class, IX must be 13-14 years.

S.No.AISSEEImportant  Date
1Starting Date of Application Form16 October 2017
2Last Date of Sale Application Form30 November 2017
3Closing Date for Receipt of Application Form05 December 2017
4Date of Entrance Examination07 January 2018

All India Sainik Schools Entrance Examinations (AISSEE)- Application Form

Reservation Criteria

Out of the available seats 67% are reserved for boys of the state in which the school is located and the rest 33% are open to boys from all other states and UTs. Within this classification, 25% of the seats are reserved for sons of service personnel including ex-servicemen while SC and ST candidates hold 15% and 7.5%.

AISSEE Application Form 2018

The application form is made available every year in the month of October and can be obtained from the respective school where the student wants to take admission.

For General/Defence Candidates
By Registered PostRs. 475/-Demand Draft only
By Hand (from school office)Rs. 425/-Cash or Demand Draft
For SC/ST Candidates
By Registered PostRs. 325/-Demand Draft only
By Hand (from school office)Rs. 275/-Cash or Demand Draft

 Admission Process

The Sainik Schools take admissions of the eligible boys for class VI and class IX on the basis of their merit in the AISSEE and an interview basis. In class XIth the students will take admissions on the basis of the marks scored in Xth Board Examination. The admission process involves a written test and an interview after passing the Sainik School Entrance Examination. A brief information about the examination is given below.

AISSEE 2018 Syllabus

Step-I WRITTEN TEST: The test can be attempted at any of the Sainik schools given that minimum 20 students should be appearing from that center at the time of examination.

Class VIClass IX
1Mathematics100Mathematics200
2Language Ability Test100Science75
3Intelligence Test100English100
4Social Studies75
Total300Total45

Sainik School Exam (AISSEE) Pattern 2018

Exam Duration: The exam duration for the students of class VIth will be 3 hours and for class IXth will be 4 hours. You can also refer below table for detail exam duration.

Class VIClass IX
1Mathematical Knowledge Test & Language Ability Test2 HoursMathematics & Science2 Hours
2Intelligence Test1 HourEnglish & Social Studies2 Hours

 

Step-II Interview & Physical Test: The boys who qualify in the written test will be required to appear at a later date before a Selection Board for an Interview and Medical Test.

NOTE: The test for class VI can be taken in English, Hindi and Malayalam. But for class IX test can be taken in English only.

See Also

AISSEE Exam Cut off Marks

AISSEE Answer Key Download

AISSEE Result Download Link

AISSEE 2018 Admit Card

The Admit Cards for AISSEE are issued on the official website of Sainik School few weeks before the Entrance Examination. Candidate can download their Admit Card thereafter. If any of you is facing any problem in downloading the Admit Card kindly follow these steps to download your Admit Card.

  • Visit the Sainik School website of your City/District.
  • Go to the Admit Card section.
  • Enter the details asked such as Class, Name, Father Name and DOB.
  • Click on submit button.
  • Click Download Admit Card link.

NOTE: The candidates are required to carry the Sainik School Entrance Exam 2018 Admit Card to the exam hall without fail.  If in case the candidate(s) fail to produce the Admit Card they will not be permitted to take the exam.

Apply Here: Top India’s Schools Entrance Exam



Stay Informed and Stay CONNECTED with us...

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here